Photoshop World

Rose Ann

Want to be at Photoshop World instead of the Real World?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any other geeks wishing they were at PSW this week? Or better yet...any of you there and want to share the joy?

My spring break is next week, so I couldn't go. Funny part is, I'll only be a few miles away at my parents' place in FL, but the whole thing will be over...sigh. :tissue:

I think we had several members who went last year to Photoshop World. I remember Sandi C. talking about it and it did sound awesome! Right now, I'd just love to be there for the weather.......and a little bit of "learning new tricks" with my Photoshop too!

But, have to say, "isn't this just the most wonderful little purple Photoshop World right here"?

This is the first I'd heard of it, but it would be fun! My pastor at the time (a woman), a close friend and I went to a paper scrapping convention in Orlando around 11 or so years ago. It was a blast!

I've been twice and it was incredible! I couldn't get away for this one and my DS and DIL live in Orlando. Would have loved to go again. It'll be in Vegas in September and usually they give early bird discounts if you register right after the current one. It is an amazing show. There is so much to choose from. Its just incredible to be in the company of such talents and just absorb the inspiration. and the expo is incredible too, lots of free mini-classes. You can bet I'll be there again someday.

It is an amazing experience! Its a huge convention, several thousand big. I was afraid of being intimidated at first, but everyone is sooooo friendly, they have staff everywhere. Even the big names like Kelby and Kloskowski and Dave Cross are just hanging out, chatting with folks. The presentations are on every level. they have several different "tracks" you can focus on...design, photoshop, photography, etc. And you can pick and choose what seminars you want to attend. It all runs like a well-oiled machine. And the materials you get, for all the seminars, are well worth it. Its like a great big tutorial book. The creativity and art and inspiration are just pouring out at you. And there's parties, fun and games too. There's a special app that can keep you on schedule and the tweet-up is a blast. It can be an exhausting and exhilarating time. The first time i went I tried to get it all in, be in some class at each offering. The second time I took some breaks and I think I got more out of it. Some of the classes were way beyond my understanding and skill level, but to just see what is possible is inspiring. Then I went back to online tutorials, the books and tried to learn more.

Archived