Personalized Index Card Book

Bride

In finishing up a recent Bible study, the author encouraged the participants to carry around a notebook with scriptures that helped encourage you with specific issues you were dealing with. I happened to be looking in the stationary section of one of my local stores and found these wire bound 3x5 index cards. I covered them with paper from Amanda Sok’s Frippery Collection and put a cover verse on one of those cute tags. Then I tied various ribbons from my stash and personalized this one for a friend with a chipboard alpha. This was such a fun and easy project! Several days later I saw in the newsletter directions on how to personalize a notebook and thought – great minds think alike!! You can view it here

Thanks for looking!

It's just beautiful, Lei - how sweet of you to make this for your friend. LYSL in the Gallery. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Just a question - how did you glue the paper to the cover of the index card cover? Does it cover just the top or did you overlap it to the inside of the cover?

It's just beautiful, Lei - how sweet of you to make this for your friend. LYSL in the Gallery. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Just a question - how did you glue the paper to the cover of the index card cover? Does it cover just the top or did you overlap it to the inside of the cover?

Thanks for your question, Sara. I measured the front cover and cut my printed cardstock to the exact measurements. I then marked and punched the holes. For this notebook I felt taking the wire out would be too difficult and may pull the wire out of shape so I made tiny snips at the center top of each hole made to allow the cardstock to fit around each wire ring. I applied glue runner on the top of the original cover and positioned my printed cardstock over top, lining up all edges. So this does just cover the front - it does not overlap to the inside. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your question, Sara. I measured the front cover and cut my printed cardstock to the exact measurements. I then marked and punched the holes. For this notebook I felt taking the wire out would be too difficult and may pull the wire out of shape so I made tiny snips at the center top of each hole made to allow the cardstock to fit around each wire ring. I applied glue runner on the top of the original cover and positioned my printed cardstock over top, lining up all edges. So this does just cover the front - it does not overlap to the inside. Hope that helps!

Thanks, Lei! I wondered about the cardstock fitting the holes! Now I get it! It's sooooooooooooooo pretty! And so thoughtful of you!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In finishing up a recent Bible study, the author encouraged the participants to carry around a notebook with scriptures that helped encourage you with specific issues you were dealing with.

This wasn't a Beth Moore study, was it? Believing God, perhaps? I love her studies!

In finishing up a recent Bible study, the author encouraged the participants to carry around a notebook with scriptures that helped encourage you with specific issues you were dealing with.

This wasn't a Beth Moore study, was it? Believing God, perhaps? I love her studies!

No, it was her Breaking Free study, but I have lead her Believing God one, and yes, she is an awesome teacher!

• 1 year later...

Archived