Import The Color Swatches ?

candyK

The last couple of kits I've purchased have come with the designer's color swatches. Yesterday I tried using the swatch to exactly match a color for the scrap simple layout I was doing. I couldn't figure out how to pull the color from the swatch. I couldn't use the color picker, and it kept opening in 'channels'.

Is there an easier way? I haven't found a lesson in the university.

Thanks,

candyk

I drag the colour swatch into my PSE9 window - make it small and keep it in bottom corner. When I want to use a colour from it, I use the eyedropper tool to change the colour of the program's colour chip, then I can pour, brush or use Hue/Sat, etc. :-)

This is just what I do and it works for me. It's quick and easy peazy! lol I expect there is a way to make a colour chart with it and keep it in your system, but I don't know how. I'm sure if there is a way, someone will come along and mention it. Happy scrapping! :-)

I don't know if you have the swatch tab in PSE, but in Photoshop there is an "Add to Swatches" button on the color picker. You can add all the colors from the designer's color swatch to that, and save them as a swatch set.When you save a swatch set, it saves as an ASE file. Those you can load into PS, but they aren't the kind of swatches included with some collections.

PSE does have color swatches. You can open it through Windows>Color Swatches. A quick look showed me that you can click on a New Page icon at the bottom of that window to add the current foreground color as a swatch. I think there is a way you can create separate color palettes but I will have to do a bit more investigation. I knew how to do it once in an earlier version but I haven't tried it in 9.

In Photoshop I open it just like it's any other embellishment then use the eyedropper to select the first color. Once I have the first color selected I click the little icon in the color palette that looks like a folded square of paper (Create new swatch of foreground color.) It will add the color to the palette where I can access it easily any time. Then I do each of the others. And like April said you can save the swatch set. Hope that helps!

Archived