Action Won't Install

candyK

I have followed the ebook directions several times, but can't get an action to install. The title appears in the list, however NOT the red icon to indicate its there. And of course, nothing runs.

I'm using CS4 on WIn7. 1-I've tried drag and drop it into the screen. 2-IT is in the actions folder on the 'c' drive too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

candyK

Further problem, the actions I thought were installed, won't run. The play button is red and active, however when I click on it a circle with slash through it appears. and thats it. even on the photoshop default actions do this.

ICK!

thanks,

candyK

Further problem, the actions I thought were installed, won't run. The play button is red and active, however when I click on it a circle with slash through it appears. and thats it. even on the photoshop default actions do this.

ICK!

thanks,

candyK

Are you sure you're not trying the action on a text layer or a smart object?

Have you tried restarting Photoshop? I haven't ever had problems running actions before. And be sure to read the specific instructions that often come with the download. There is a pdf document that came with the Mega LIft Actions. I don't have the swatch one yet, so I can't help too much with that one.

Archived