24 replies to this topic

#1 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

I know a number of you have been kind enough to follow the development of my European cruise album, and I so appreciate your kind comments. In the last few days, facing a deadline to get it done, I've posted a lot of additions to the album. I would love to have you all take a look and let me know if there's anything I can improve before I send it off for printing.

European Cruise

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#2 Smiles

Smiles

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,561 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

Ann, it's breathtaking! That is going to be a very impressive album.
:)
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Thanks, Gayle...I just have to do Budapest and then it goes off to the printer!

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#4 B&K Mom

B&K Mom

Just a girl who loves to scrap!

• Members
  • 9,313 posts
  • Location:Northwest Alaska...loving life on the Last Frontier!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

WOO HOO, Ann!!! Great work! What an accomplishment.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • 8,897 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

Oh Ann - what an accomplishment! This is going to make a stunning book of cherished memories. Beautifully done! Where are you having it printed?

#6 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,776 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

Your book is some accomplishment, Ann! I'm going to the Gallery this morning to have a last look at it - I love all of the pages I've seen so far. Such talent - what a treasure your book will be filled with so many memories!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,378 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Ann, your album is absolutely awesome. I just took a quick look at it and I'll head back when I have some time and leave you some love. I've got to find my photos when I was in Germany. My hotel was right on the Rhine when we stayed overnight in the lovely little town of Bopard. Just gorgeous.

gallery_11036_358_24257.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for November 2014, 7372 -- 7382 as of 11-23-14

#8 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

Ann, it is a fabulous album - just left you some love on some of the layouts I hadn't seen yet - will be back later to look at more! What great memories to cherish! (and you brought back lots of memories for me too - different country but similar memories) - I have really enjoyed seeing all of these wonderful places through your eyes!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Heatheranne

Heatheranne

• Members
  • 11,848 posts
  • Personal Statement:Learn from yesterday! Plan for tomorrow! Live today! :-)

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

Ann, your album is going to look totally gorgeous when it's printed. I'm sure it will be the centre of much attention. I've LSL on several of your recent layouts and of course, got most ot the first part of the collection. My Internet connection is slow, so I viewed the rest of your gorgeous layouts. Your layouts are stunning and I love that you do some journaling about the photos. Awesome album! :-)
Posted Image

My play tools are: CS5.5, PSE9; PRE9; PSPX2, on a Laptop PC, with Win7

#10 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • 18,186 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

Ann, I have enjoyed seeing all your layout so much. I am a little sad to see it finished. I think you did a fabulous job, and I can't think of a thing you should change.

gallery_15063_3635_67504.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#11 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,275 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

What an amazing book! I'm so glad you met your deadline, too. Just in time for your next adventure. This is something you are going to treasure!!

#12 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

Really, really gorgeous, Ann. That is quite an accomplishment and a printed album will be quite a keepsake.

#13 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Thank you all for your generous comments. I just posted what I believe will be the last page. This has been a labor of love for sure, and in a way I'm glad it took me almost a year to get it done. Working on it these last few days have recalled the experience so vividly. And I have a little over two weeks to recuperate before the next adventure!

#14 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

Oh Ann - what an accomplishment! This is going to make a stunning book of cherished memories. Beautifully done! Where are you having it printed?

I have some coupons from Arts Cow...I have been pleased with their products in the past. Delivery can be slow, but that's not an issue. What other places have you all used and would recommend?

#15 AC ClicksNScraps

AC ClicksNScraps

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Oh wow! This will be such a great album, Ann! You just inspired me a lot. My Hubby and I visited Old Town Montreal (Canada) last year. And been trying to figure out how to scrap them since it was all old world architecture and coble stone streets. I love how you blended the pictures to the background paper and how you used clustered flowers, it softened the look of the pictures.

By the way, what size are you going to print your photobook? I am an 8.5x11 scrapper. So, I am curious as to what size you'll print your album. Will an 8x8 size still show much of the details on the buildings/castles? In the past, I've used either Shutterfly or Inkubook. They both have great quality. Have not used Arts Cow yet.

:welldone4jb:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thanks, AC! I visited old town Montreal a few years back with my daughters...one of our "someone has a birthday with a 0 in it so we need to do a girl's getaway" trips. Younger DD lives in Hanover, NH, so it was just a short drive up to Montreal. Would you believe I haven't scrapped all those photos yet? I wanted to get this one out of the way because we leave on another European tour in about 2 weeks, and I don't want to fall any further behind. The book I'm having printed will be 8 x 8. I like the larger 12 x 12 ones, but they can be unwieldy to display. I have some 8 x 8's that I have printed myself and the detail is fine. I've also scrapped in 8.5 x 11...no trimming or wasted paper! That's the format I always use for our family calendars.

I'm glad you were inspired by the album...now show us some of your layouts that resulted from that inspiration!

Oh...and welcome to Scrap Girls!

#17 Wendy J

Wendy J

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

Thanks, AC! I visited old town Montreal a few years back with my daughters...one of our "someone has a birthday with a 0 in it so we need to do a girl's getaway" trips. Younger DD lives in Hanover, NH, so it was just a short drive up to Montreal. Would you believe I haven't scrapped all those photos yet? I wanted to get this one out of the way because we leave on another European tour in about 2 weeks, and I don't want to fall any further behind. The book I'm having printed will be 8 x 8. I like the larger 12 x 12 ones, but they can be unwieldy to display. I have some 8 x 8's that I have printed myself and the detail is fine. I've also scrapped in 8.5 x 11...no trimming or wasted paper! That's the format I always use for our family calendars.

I'm glad you were inspired by the album...now show us some of your layouts that resulted from that inspiration!

Ann, I enjoyed seeing your cruise pages, very well done. I've used Viovio and printed 10"x10" books and they work great, large enough to see the detail but not to large to handle or store. With the 6 books I've done with them I have always been totally satisfied.
Posted Image
Hoo Loves Ya by Sarah Batdorf

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

Oh, 10 x 10...haven't heard of that possibility! I'll check them out, I've heard nothing but positive things about viovio. Thanks for the suggestion!

#19 catvinnat

catvinnat

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

Its stunning, simply stunning. Where are you off to next?
Posted Image
Posted Image I have a Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My Gallery

#20 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

Catherine, we leave the end of April for a quick weekend in Gothenburg , Sweden, and then head over to Zagreb for a 2 week cruise down the Dalmatian Coast, ending at Athens. I have extra batteries and media cards...can't wait to get all those great shots!

#21 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

• Members
  • 50,776 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

I sense another album in the making! Ann, you did an incredibly beautiful job with your album. I have so enjoyed seeing it all. Such talent!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Ann, what an incredibly stunning album! You've done amazing work. I'm sure it had to be incredibly difficult to narrow down which photos to use!

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#23 AC ClicksNScraps

AC ClicksNScraps

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hi Ann, I will let you know when I get the first page done and posted. I am a slow scrapper, so might not be well after you come back from your trip :) Looking forward to seeing your layouts of the trip! Have a fun and safe vacation!
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 Florida granny

Florida granny

• Creative Team
  • 11,978 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Ann, I'm so sorry to see this album end. I was traveling along with you -- on the computer at least -- and have enjoyed every one of your magnificent pages. You did such a terrific job! You have also given me a lot of inspiration. Thank you!

gallery_20673_66_37871.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifLove-ATCs.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#25 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,687 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

Ann, I have seen some of your pages as they were on the MB, but to see them all together is truly breathtaking!
What a gorgeous remembrance of your trip -- absolutely wonderful.

gallery_19549_358_29403.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users