Mischief Week Game - Never-ending Story!

tiza126

WooHoo! MISCHIEF WEEK IS FINALLY HERE! :dancingelephant:

It's time for a never-ending story! If you haven't participated in one of these before, here is how it works:

• You add something to the story by adding a post to the string.

• You must wait for someone else to add another piece of the story before you post again.

• You cannot add two posts in a row. If you do, it will be counted as one post, so there isn't a point to doing it. It won't help you pick up any more chances to win the game.

• You get one chance in the drawing to win the Grand Prize for every addition to the story you write.

• The game ends at Midnight, April 30th, MDT.

Here is the beginning of the story:

----------------

"Toffey, get down from there right now!"

The impish brownie glanced from his tree perch at his twin sister on the ground below. "But KaraMel, I’m not doing anything...yet!"

"You already dumped thousands of bouncy balls through the aisles of the Scrap Girls boutique!" KaraMel scolded.

"I wanted to help the customers bounce to the checkout," Toffey said with a shrug.

"And then you changed the Scrap Girls website from their lovely purple to shades of brown!"

"It’s a much more suitable shade for brownies. Purple is too girly."

"Not to mention the havoc you caused when you dyed poor Huckleberry Monkey’s fur that awful shade of green!! Everyone thought he had come down with something horrible."

Toffey laughed. "You need to lighten up, KaraMel. It was only a joke!"

"That’s all you do day after day; joke around and cause mischief! Why do I always have to be the responsible twin? What are you doing up in that tree, anyway?"

"Just doing what I do best! More mischief, of course. I was getting ready to..."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear Toffey! Such a sticky mess! What will Ro say, she jut finished beautifying the site, and now all her pretty embellishments are covered in syrup!!

We'll just have to start cleaning your mess, but how should we do it?

Toffey: "Now KaraMel, why would I be worried about someone coming? I want to see the reaction to my mischief. I mean really, that's the whole point!"

KaraMel: "Well, I'm hiding. For once, you're going to get what you deserve. YOU will get in trouble for this mess, not ME!" And with that, KaraMel hides behind the tree in which Toffey is sitting...

KaraMel: "No, Toffey, I won't. Sssssshhhhhh..." KaraMel put her little brownie finger to her brownie lips, which were pouting. KaraMel whispered: "Don't let anyone know I'm here. I don't want to get in trouble AGAIN!"

CREEEEEEAAAAK went the door again, and in walked Ro. KaraMel's poor candy heart felt like it was about to beat out of her chest. She wondered if Ro could hear it.

KaraMel came out from behind the tree. "You know that Ro will be back as soon as she pulls our new brothers and sisters out of the oven, Toffey. PLEASE come down from the crazy tree and help me clean this up. My feet are sticking to the floor. I have a pack of sponges here, come down and put some on your feet. Maybe we can skate around and mop some of this up."

Toffey: "KaraMel, you are half-baked!!! WHY can't you just have a little fun for once? Here, I think it might help to dump this powdered sugar on the syrup. It will soak it up." And with a scream of "NOOOOOO!" from KaraMel, Toffey proceeded to dump a huge bag of sugar all over the Boutique floor.

Toffee looked down at KaraMel, standing there covered head to brownie toe in powdered sugar. Toffee said with horror "But KaraMel! WHY would we eat the new brownies? That would be cannibalism!!!" Toffee climbed down from The Crazy Tree. (You might be wondering why there seems to be a Crazy Tree growing right in the middle of the Boutique. Well, you'll just have to ask Ro when she returns. She's the one that redecorated.)

Toffee: "KaraMel, I think you're right. Ro will be back very soon. Instead of wreaking further havoc here, I think we should quit while we're ahead, escape from the Boutique before she figures out it's us, and go on an adventure. We need to rescue our new Brownie brothers and sisters who are probably fresh from the oven right now. We need to save them from a chomping fate!"

Karamel: I seem to recall Ro's mom had a magic spell for cleaning up in a jiffy. Mother's are good like that. I wish I had a mother who could work her magic and clean this mess up quickly. If I could only remember the spell, then we could get out of here, no one would know we'd been here and we could help save our new brothers and sisters. What was that spell...do you remember Toffee?

Toffee thought for a minute. "Well KaraMel, I don't spend as much time on the computer as YOU do, but I'll search on my Brownie smart phone for Ro's blog..."

{5 minutes pass, all the while KaraMel is getting VERY anxious that Ro will return any second...}

"EurEEEEEka!!!" Toffee shouted. "I didn't find a spell, but I did find BRAKE CLEANER!!! That should do the trick! So KaraMel, since you are so intent on cleaning up my joke before anyone has a chance to appreciate it, go ahead. I think I saw Brake Cleaner in the Boutique's garage somewhere. I'm heading to the kitchen." And with that, Toffee slipped and slid across the syrup and sugar toward the door.

What Toffee didn't see however was the giant marshmellow that had fallen on the floor. With a splat he fell face first into it! After managing to get his head free of the gooey marsh, he yelled "Help! I'm Stuck..I can't get free!" His body, arms and legs glued to the marshmellowey(?) center.

Toffee lay there stuck in that gooey giant marshmallow, wondering if perhaps Shannon, Queen of the Marshmallow Eaters, had deliberately left the marshie there to trip him up. KaraMel sauntered over with a mischievous grin on her sweet pixie-like brownie face.

KaraMel: "Welllll, Toffee, my wonderful brother, I think you'll get what you deserve THIS time! This is called Tough Love (via marshmallow.) I am going to the kitchen now. You will have to answer for yourself once Ro gets back!" And so KaraMel left the Boutique, leaving Toffee behind to wrestle with the giant marshmallow.

Just then the door opened. It was Ro!! Oh, NOOOOOO!! Poor Toffee, stuck on the gooey marshmellow, just knew he was in HUGE trouble! But to his surprise Ro stopped. She sniffed. The aroma of the syrup and sugar had caught her attention. She looked at the mess on the floor. "Hmmmmm!" she said. "I know what would be good on those brownies!! A syrup-y topping thickened with powdered sugar topped by melted marshmellows. Don't know about that maple flavor though. But maybe carmel??? Hmmmmm!" She turned around and headed back to the kitchen. Toffee gave a great sigh of relief and he sank further into the marshmellow mess he was stuck in. But all was not well. Something furry....and hungry....

Archived