7 replies to this topic

#1 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

I have win 7, cs4 and 3 ehd. One ehd is where I keep all stuff(Main). I want to back it up to another EHD.

I was trying to use syncToy which I think Ro recommended. However- I often go through my main drive and consolidate files, delete, rename etc. When I sync I do get my work moved over to the backup EHD,(good so far) but I also get all the old files back to haunt me forever!! I am waay tired of having to go back through both drives and re-delete the stuff I thought I had already gotten rid of!

Is there a simple and preferably automatic way to backup my files? What I want is an exact copy of Main on the other ehd.
OR does back up mean creating something else? am I trying to echo? or ???

Thanks in advance
candyK

#2 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,038 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

I have all my scrapbook supplies on my hard drive and use SyncToy to back them up to an EHD (I also have Carbonite backing up my hard drive). I use the Echo feature, which copies basically left to right, so that if I delete something on my hard drive it is deleted on the EHD. I hope this addresses your questions.

gallery_15063_3635_1064.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG_Olympian.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#3 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

thank you Princess! That is exactly what I wanted to know! I'm starting with a fresh copy from L to R and from now on I can 'echo'. Then I'm checking into Backblaze/Carbonite, etc.
candyK

#4 sudomark3

sudomark3

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:53 AM

better what you can do is you can now save all date online with the help of cloud computing. There are many services like you can use Google drive, Skydrive. The main benefit of these services is that you can use it from anywhere and there is no chance of data loss.

#5 Kate Davis

Kate Davis

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Someone has recently recommended crashplan to me (I think the website is code42). Has anyone use it for backup? Do you know how it differs to services from Carbonite or Backblaze?
Posted Image
You can get more of me on Twitter or on my main blog.

#6 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

Is it possible to use SyncToy to back up from one EHD to another? I have my supplies and pictures on EHDs and use Back Blaze, but would really like to have a second back up. I even bought a 1.0 TB EHD for this purpose, but have never gotten around to doing it. I am not familiar with SyncToy at all. Where do you get it and is it expensive?

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

#7 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • 8,882 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

Is it possible to use SyncToy to back up from one EHD to another? I have my supplies and pictures on EHDs and use Back Blaze, but would really like to have a second back up. I even bought a 1.0 TB EHD for this purpose, but have never gotten around to doing it. I am not familiar with SyncToy at all. Where do you get it and is it expensive?

Yes, Karen, you can use synctoy to back up from one EHD to another. I do the same as you - run 2 ehd's. SyncToy is a free d/l from Microsoft Download Center.

#8 ScrapGram

ScrapGram

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Yes, Karen, you can use synctoy to back up from one EHD to another. I do the same as you - run 2 ehd's. SyncToy is a free d/l from Microsoft Download Center.

Thanks Lei. If I can tear myself away from scrapping, I might give it a try!

gallery_22255_297_28360.png
BLINKIES_software-PSE.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif[img]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users