Back Up --how?

candyK

I have win 7, cs4 and 3 ehd. One ehd is where I keep all stuff(Main). I want to back it up to another EHD.

I was trying to use syncToy which I think Ro recommended. However- I often go through my main drive and consolidate files, delete, rename etc. When I sync I do get my work moved over to the backup EHD,(good so far) but I also get all the old files back to haunt me forever!! I am waay tired of having to go back through both drives and re-delete the stuff I thought I had already gotten rid of!

Is there a simple and preferably automatic way to backup my files? What I want is an exact copy of Main on the other ehd.

OR does back up mean creating something else? am I trying to echo? or ???

Thanks in advance

candyK

I have all my scrapbook supplies on my hard drive and use SyncToy to back them up to an EHD (I also have Carbonite backing up my hard drive). I use the Echo feature, which copies basically left to right, so that if I delete something on my hard drive it is deleted on the EHD. I hope this addresses your questions.

thank you Princess! That is exactly what I wanted to know! I'm starting with a fresh copy from L to R and from now on I can 'echo'. Then I'm checking into Backblaze/Carbonite, etc.

candyK

• 2 years later...

better what you can do is you can now save all date online with the help of cloud computing. There are many services like you can use Google drive, Skydrive. The main benefit of these services is that you can use it from anywhere and there is no chance of data loss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to use SyncToy to back up from one EHD to another? I have my supplies and pictures on EHDs and use Back Blaze, but would really like to have a second back up. I even bought a 1.0 TB EHD for this purpose, but have never gotten around to doing it. I am not familiar with SyncToy at all. Where do you get it and is it expensive?

Is it possible to use SyncToy to back up from one EHD to another? I have my supplies and pictures on EHDs and use Back Blaze, but would really like to have a second back up. I even bought a 1.0 TB EHD for this purpose, but have never gotten around to doing it. I am not familiar with SyncToy at all. Where do you get it and is it expensive?

Yes, Karen, you can use synctoy to back up from one EHD to another. I do the same as you - run 2 ehd's. SyncToy is a free d/l from Microsoft Download Center.

Yes, Karen, you can use synctoy to back up from one EHD to another. I do the same as you - run 2 ehd's. SyncToy is a free d/l from Microsoft Download Center.

Thanks Lei. If I can tear myself away from scrapping, I might give it a try!

Archived