Home Printers

does anyone have a printer they're happy with? i don't need a large format or anything. mostly just wanting to print cards, bookmarks, etc. my Epson is such an ink sucker. it was a freebie with a camera purchase, but on reading reviews i see it's one of the least efficient where ink is concerned. right now i'm paying about $35 for ink every 2-3 months and that's just normal printing, not much graphic stuff at all.

thanks for any input!

I have an Epson R1800 color printer (I think it is 6 years old) and I love its prints. The way I save on ink is to use two printers. I have a laser printer for every-day printing. It wasn't very expensive and the price per page is quite low. (Ours is a refurbished Brother 2040- it was about $69 on sale.) We print a lot and we replace the toner cartridge less than once a year. When I need to print in color, I switch to my color printer in the print menu. We use a lot less ink this way.

I just bought a new Lexmark 900 something... (it's a wireless all in one) for our business. LOVE it...Black ink is only 4.99 and is rated at 500 sheets! I have had it about a month, and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I'm very pleased with print quality, speed, etc. I don't remember right off the price for color ink.

In February, I bought got a Canon - PIXMA MG8120B from Best Buy. It's been working great!

HERE is my thread about printers. (You'll see other people's input there, too.)

I just bought an HP wide printer, so I could replace a very old printer I hated and get rid of two printers in the room. I can't tell you how it is on using ink, because I haven't printed with it enough yet. But I love the way it prints borderless 12 x 12.

We're waiting for our HP Office Jet Pro 8500A Plus e-All in one to come in the mail. CAN'T wait. We've been without a printer/copier/fax for a year . We used an Epson for years (well, when it wasn't clogged!). I don't have much affinity for Epson myself, though I know many who LOVE them. I'm happy to go back to HP. I'll post a review when I've had a chance to play with it.

I use the wireless Epson Workforce 520 and love it. I try to buy the best paper possible when printing anything digital scrapbooking related. However, I have to say most of the time it's more cost effective (and less hassle for me) to have Fedex Kinkos print my digital scrapbooking cards and layouts. I really like their white cardstock.

• 1 year later...

does anyone have a printer they're happy with? i don't need a large format or anything. mostly just wanting to print cards, bookmarks, etc. my Epson is such an ink sucker. it was a freebie with a camera purchase, but on reading reviews i see it's one of the least efficient where ink is concerned. right now i'm paying about $35 for ink every 2-3 months and that's just normal printing, not much graphic stuff at all.

thanks for any input!

I have a BrotherMFC-295CN and LOVE the prints I get from it. Also have an Epson Artisan 835 I got for $99 on Boxing Day. It is 10 times faster than the Brother and the print quality is awesome. Once I use all the the ink I have for the Brother I am switching to the Epson! I bought the ink just before Christmas and had not idea I would find such an awesome deal on the EPSON - the scanning feature doesn't need software, but the Brother does which always closes on me.

Ink for the Brother is $8.90 for the 4 cartridges, colours and black. For the EPSON it is $17.50 for the 6 cartridges including black.

I get them at TONER ONLINE.CA I do "lots" of printing before I have to change cartridges - for the Brother that is. I have only printed a few pages on the EPSON.

Archived