Printer Papert

I have only used Epson Matte 12x12 Scrapbooking Paper in my new Epson wide printer. It is double sided and costs $20 for 10 sheets. I wanted to know if this is considered expensive as far as quality scrapping paper is concerned. I also wanted to know if I could go to a craft store and buy their plain white 12x12 scrapbooking paper just use that. It would be a lot cheaper. I have also looked at Staples and Best Buy for 12x12 printer paper and they don't sell it. Can anyone that prints 12x12 at home tell me where you get your paper?

Thanks

I think you will get the best result from using the same paper as the printer brand. I know that others have had pretty good luck with a brand of 12x12 paper that is available from an online source. I don't remember right off what the brand of paper is. Hopefully someone will come along and be able to offer more information.

I've been using Staples brand 13x19 inch photo paper. There are 20 sheets in each package, but I don't remember how much it was. I think it was around $30 or so. I can't find any 12x12 for my printer, only the kind that is on a roll. I have an HP Photosmart B8550 large format printer. I love it, but I hate having to cut down the paper, as I can't find a paper cutter big enough to do the job.

I'd say that's a reasonable price, especially if it's double-sided. I send my 12x12's out to a commercial printer and they charge me about $3.75 per 12x12 layout (single-sided). You can run (2) 12x12's for $2 (plus however much the ink costs).

PS: I recommend using the wide-format paper specifically for your printer. You can always email or call them and ask if they recommend any other brands too.

I have the Epson R1800- not sure which one yours is- I don't like to print on both sides of a page- simply because I like to be able to move things around - and reprint if I find errors. ;) I use the 13x19 Ultra Premium Presentation Paper in Matte. I trim the pages with a straight edge and a rotary cutter since my paper cutter isn't quite that big. The papers are less per sheet and I don't have to worry about losing detail at the edges. I recently bought the paper on Amazon and paid $38.23 for 50 sheets.

Archived