My Designed Pages Bound In Book Form

I have been reading with interest the topics in regard to using different companies to compose digital scrapbooks, but I don't want to use the company's design/templates. I want to design my own pages. I do not want to print one page at a time and put them into an album. I want to design my own pages and submit them to a company that will print them exactly as I submit them but in book format. I am hoping someone can help me find such a company. I would really appreciate it.

I did a book like you are describing and had it printed at Costco -- it was beautiful.

I know you can do the same thing at Snapfish and Shutterfly - what you do is when you are dragging your completed jpeg layout to the page you want, you choose the company's page layout/template that uese one photo.

You need to first create your layouts in the page size you will be buying (mine was 8x10), then upload them to the site as a jpeg.

Then, when creating your book online, pick the page layout/template for one photo and drag your jpeg layout to that page.

Does that make sense? I hope it helps! Good luck.

I have had several books printed (from Shutterfly and Color Inc.) and have been very happy with the results. When you make your own pages, just be sure to leave elements away from the edges, so they don't get cut off. The ones I used showed lines to stay inside of, so that you don't lose anything.

Thank you!!! I have purchased some books through Groupon and will upload my own pages. I love the journaling aspect of digital scraping and none of the templates worked for me. You make it sound so simple. Thanks again for the advice and information. Wish me luck!!

• 2 years later...

Costco did a great job printing this photo book. The image shows the cover of the book, which I designed using my Intaglio Collection Biggie. I designed each page of the book using collections of mine that coordinate, in PhotoShop, and then saved the pages as individual jpegs. I uploaded the jpegs to the Costco website, and then they printed the book and mailed it to me.

The quality of the printing was wonderful, and it was exciting to see my designs and the photos from the life of my 99-year-old friend, Betty, in a 12 x 12 book. We had two copies printed for her, so she feels comfortable taking one copy out to share with friends and family, knowing she has another spare copy at home.

Costco did a great job printing this photobook. The image shows the cover of the book, which I designed using my Intaglio Collection Biggie. The quality of the printing was wonderful, and it was exciting to see my designs and the photos from the life of my 99-year-old friend, Betty, in a 12 x 12 book. We had two copies printed for her, so she feels comfortable taking one copy out to share with friends and family, knowing she has another copy at home.

Kerry, the book looks beautiful, and what a treasure for your friend to have! TFS! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived