#1 NanaB99

NanaB99

Good Scrapper

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

Good Morning :)
I recently went from a PC to a Mac and if I understand correctly, it is not possible to transfer my ACDSee organized files on my PC to the Mac. Well, I can transfer them, but I'd need to re-organize and tag. I have spent hours and hours cataloging my digital inventory and photos on my PC and the thought of starting over is making me ill! I don't ever want to find myself in this position again down the road. I'm also in the process of scanning hundreds of old family photographs. I want to make sure that in 25 years or so my grandaughter will still have access to them and the information they contain despite the technology changes; what are you guys doing to ensure that?
Bobbi

Opps - hope I didn't sound like I was blasting ACDSee - I just was wondering what you other scrapgirls are using to make sure all your info stays intact and usable despite OS changes or other technology changes in the future. I am so reluctant to toss away photos after I scan them because I'm afraid they will end up being lost but then that defeats the purpose of condensing by scanning.

Edited by NanaB99, 14 May 2011 - 04:26 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,687 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I am very annoyed with ACDSee - I lost all my tags when I went from one Windows OS to another. It took them over a month to get back to me to tell me what I should have done first. However, they do eventually get back to you if you contact the help desk.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users