Photo

Picasso: Show All Files In A Download Together?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jenrou

jenrou

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

This may be hard to explain...Picasso shows each png in a separate folder. EXample: One that has a lot of places for pictures, then embellishments, et. It doesn't show tham all together, not even the .jpg promotion photo.
How can I get them to show up as a folder with all the parts together? Clear as mud? Each download is in a a separate folder, so it shows that way in Picasso. Should I try to move the files someway? I keep my kits together.
Thanks,
Jean

gallery_17266_66_6869.png

#2 Smiles

Smiles

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

I generally keep the pngs together in one folder, and the individual letters in an alpha, but everything else I move into one folder for the whole collection. And I move the previews or grouped together sheets for an alpha into the whole collection folder. That way it all comes up together in Picassa. Sometimes it's a bit of work, I'll admit.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

I've found that if I want to view all contents of a collection in Picasa, I put the title of the collection in the search area at the upper right. Since Picasa does a really good job of searching, it will show me all the things in the collection no matter how I have them filed. I do "split up" my collections and file things like embellishments in their collection folder in a folder called Embellishments and papers in a folder called Papers.

#4 Garden_Girl

Garden_Girl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

I don't know if I understood you right but. . . When I do a search in Picassa I type in the word like "brads" and before I even finish typing is will start bringing up pictures of brads - each in their own file. When I hit return it will group all of them together. Is that what you mean?

gallery_13246_2442_53148.jpg

BLINKIES_software-PSE.gif,BLINKIES_club-ss.gif, BLINKIES_club.gif

My mission in life in not merely to survive, it is to thrive,  and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.

Maya Angelou

#5 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

Yes, you understood me! Thanks for the ideas. I'll try them all. I was thinking I could move them into one folder, but maybe I need to get used to doing a search in Picasso.
Jean :thankyou:

gallery_17266_66_6869.png

#6 Garden_Girl

Garden_Girl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

Yes, you understood me! Thanks for the ideas. I'll try them all. I was thinking I could move them into one folder, but maybe I need to get used to doing a search in Picasso.
Jean :thankyou:

Glad we got it working for you!! I really like using Picassa! This is the best place for questions. :)

gallery_13246_2442_53148.jpg

BLINKIES_software-PSE.gif,BLINKIES_club-ss.gif, BLINKIES_club.gif

My mission in life in not merely to survive, it is to thrive,  and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style.

Maya Angelou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users