3 replies to this topic

#1 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'm just downloading the new SS club and I'm not sure about filing some of the items. Thought it best to see what others have thought. Specifically there is a nono-kit which isn't really a SS item? so it could get put away with the paper in the papers folder etc? and then this time there are the fabulous to have videos? need to make a video folder? OR put them away by month and then tag the whole colleciton with the month also?

The SS items I put into the folder for SS papers, SS embel, etc--just not sure about the wonderful new things! and finding them again when I need to...LOL

Thanks in advance,
candyK

#2 ArizonaAngel

ArizonaAngel

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Organizing supplies can be very individual. You should use whatever system what works best for you. I have a folder for collections because I keep them all together and that is where I put my nano kits. The videos go into a folder that I keep all of my e-books and videos in. It's kind of an instructional folder.

#3 Rose Ann

Rose Ann

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

I agree that your organizational system has to work for you. When I organized originally, I had Windows XP and I didn't like the Elements organizer, so I created a Scrapping Supplies folder and had a folder with all of my unseparated collections in it because sometimes I just wanted to see them by name or by color. On an external hard drive, I also copied every paper and alpha and embellishment and separated them into categories using Ro's system with some tweaks of my own so I could just browse ribbons or frames or flowers.

Recently I got a new laptop that has Windows 7, and so I have stopped separating and sorting because the windows gallery allows me to search my folders by name, so I can search ribbons and it will search my Scrapping Supplies folder for all ribbons.

In my Scrapping Supplies folder, I have a folder for Tutorials that I keep all of the videos, ebooks, and newsletter tutorials in. One day I would like to sort it by topic, but for now, it's just one giant list. If I kept the videos with the collections they came with, I'd never be able to remember where they were.

Hope that helps.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

For the Scrap Simple club, I break everything up into appropriate folders- paper temps into paper temp folder, Word art into word art folders. For the new tutorials I store them in a tutorial folder which includes everything that I have saved from newsletters, classes, etc. It's a simple system but it works for me.

When I get collections I keep them whole. I use Picasa to find what I need and it's fabulous. But that's a whole 'nother thread.
'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users