candyK

Grrr-picassa Not Scanning?

9 posts in this topic

I have some new goodies and I've triple checked---they are in folders, inside my SSTemplates folder. Picassa is not finding them. I have restarted and still no scan. What can I do to "force" a scan of the new folders to get them into picassa?Its turned on to 'scan always'

Thanks in advance,

candyK

Boy, if you've checked the folder designation, I'm not sure what you can do. I haven't encountered that problem so I'm no help. Sorry.

Picasa gives you the choice to scan once or to scan always. When this has happened to me, I go in and change it to something else (like scan once) then change back to scan always and then it seems to find the new again. ????? Not sure why that works but you can give it a try.

Picasa gives you the choice to scan once or to scan always. When this has happened to me, I go in and change it to something else (like scan once) then change back to scan always and then it seems to find the new again. ????? Not sure why that works but you can give it a try.

That's kind of what I was going to say, Lynn. I guess it's sort of like restarting the computer again once in awhile so that things that aren't, can be recognized?

Thanks ladies! It worked. I shut off one folder, closed Picassa. Re-Opened Picassa and turned the folder back to 'scan always' and everything shows up. Simple solutions are best!

Thanks again,

candyK

I always leave mine to scan always. I've never had a problem with them not being found, and haven't felt it necessary to go back and set the folders to be scanned once.

I am so thankful for this post! I could not get all of my scrap images to show up in Picasa. I turned off the folder, shut Picasa down, started it back up turned on the scrappin' files folder and wallah, it started scanning! I have been trying to figure that out for the past hour!

I am so thankful for this post! I could not get all of my scrap images to show up in Picasa. I turned off the folder, shut Picasa down, started it back up turned on the scrappin' files folder and wallah, it started scanning! I have been trying to figure that out for the past hour!

I find that too sometimes and when I get impatient i do exactlywhat you did and it finds it. Its like it needs to refresh.8