Loving The Flippal!

naninca

MariJ, I always bring home a ton of things that never seem to get scanned or scrapped. Now I can have things ready! And it will be a fun addition to the trip this time, too. :)

....and, you will already have them scanned as .jpegs, too! What an ingenious idea. Becky -- thanks for sharing!

OK, I checked the SG store and I don't see that the Flip-Pal is sold here so hope it's all right to ask about another scanner...

I saw that Staples has the Magic Wand in its ad this week (although a bit more expensive than some on-line sources).

Vu-Point-Magic Scanner

To me, the obvious advantage of the Flip-Pal is that you can see as you scan so you don't think you have a good image only to discover otherwise later. If I recall from viewing the video, you hold the Flip-Pal stationary and it moves across the desired image, which would seem to decrease the likelihood of blurred images from moving too quickly, not holding the wand steady, etc. On the other hand, it cost about 1/3 more and seems a tad bulkier plus I think I read that you can scan a larger image in one fell swoop with the Magic Wand.

Thoughts???

Victoria, Who Would Really Love to Find a Better Way to Control the Paper Clutter Monster

I haven't seen this one, Victoria so I don't know too much about it. Quite honestly, I didn't do alot of looking around when I heard about the Flip-Pal....something I usually do when I'm shopping for equipment. I'm very happy with the Flip-Pal, but I will go have a look at this one that you found and see what the differences are.

OK, I checked the SG store and I don't see that the Flip-Pal is sold here so hope it's all right to ask about another scanner...

I saw that Staples has the Magic Wand in its ad this week (although a bit more expensive than some on-line sources).

Vu-Point-Magic Scanner

To me, the obvious advantage of the Flip-Pal is that you can see as you scan so you don't think you have a good image only to discover otherwise later. If I recall from viewing the video, you hold the Flip-Pal stationary and it moves across the desired image, which would seem to decrease the likelihood of blurred images from moving too quickly, not holding the wand steady, etc. On the other hand, it cost about 1/3 more and seems a tad bulkier plus I think I read that you can scan a larger image in one fell swoop with the Magic Wand.

Thoughts???

Victoria, Who Would Really Love to Find a Better Way to Control the Paper Clutter Monster

Victoria, I looked at the Staples ad and then I went online to check the Magic Wand out further and in my opinion, I would still go with the Flip-Pal! I really like the fact that the Flip Pal is held stationary - I wouldn't like moving the wand over a page at all. To me, the little bit extra that the Flip Pal cost is worth it, but of course, I haven't seen the Magic Wand in action either so I guess it isn't fair to say that. Can you go to Staples and try it out? I'm sure they would be happy to show you how it works. I'd love to hear what you decide to do.

Vu-Point-Magic Scanner

Thoughts???

Victoria, I looked at the Staples ad and then I went online to check the Magic Wand out further and in my opinion, I would still go with the Flip-Pal! I really like the fact that the Flip Pal is held stationary - I wouldn't like moving the wand over a page at all. To me, the little bit extra that the Flip Pal cost is worth it, but of course, I haven't seen the Magic Wand in action either so I guess it isn't fair to say that. Can you go to Staples and try it out? I'm sure they would be happy to show you how it works. I'd love to hear what you decide to do.

I'm not sure if Staples has one in stock for demo purposes. Someone had just mentioned to me that his wife really liked hers so I had looked at reviews for both products at Amazon.com. As with most things in life, there seem to be pros and cons with each. Boy, I am building a "wish list" that resembles the national deficit in cost! |;-)

Victoria

I'm not sure if Staples has one in stock for demo purposes. Someone had just mentioned to me that his wife really liked hers so I had looked at reviews for both products at Amazon.com. As with most things in life, there seem to be pros and cons with each. Boy, I am building a "wish list" that resembles the national deficit in cost! |;-)

Victoria

LOL The techie-bug has really taken over, hasn't it? If we didn't have to get dh a new laptop on the next big purchase, I'd get myself a new one......just because I want it - mine is only about 4 years old - just updated all my software last year so now it's dh's turn this year!

• 3 months later...

Hi, Ladies,

Since a number of you purchased this scanner earlier in the year, I just wanted to solicit opinions now that you've had a chance to play with your new "toy" for a while. Would you buy one again?

Thanks,

Victoria, Grateful for Rain in Texas

I will admit that I played with mine more at first and not as much now but I would definitely buy it again!

Hi, Ladies,

Since a number of you purchased this scanner earlier in the year, I just wanted to solicit opinions now that you've had a chance to play with your new "toy" for a while. Would you buy one again?

Thanks,

Victoria, Grateful for Rain in Texas

I will admit that I played with mine more at first and not as much now but I would definitely buy it again!

I agree with Sara - I needed to scan a lot to make some photo posters when I first bought it and the scans were perfect for that.

I haven't used it much since, but that's mostly because I haven't needed to.. But, I would most definitely buy it again - it's so portable and versatile.

I have a lot of expenses coming up with property taxes, insurance for the upcoming year, Christmas gifts, etc., but definitely want to keep this on my "Wish List." Further input, yay or nay, and/or alternatives you prefer are welcome. |;-)

Victoria

Like the other Scrap Girls, I would buy it again. I don't use it often, but when I do I've been very pleased with it. Here is a layout I did using a photo I scanned from behind glass. There's only one copy and the back is sealed up, so this was a way for me to get a copy. Also, I've been pleased to be able to scan old photos which are "glued" behind those plastic album sheets. HTH.

Archived