Credits

sloginny

What are EXIF properties. I've seen them mentioned several times lately. What I've been doing is copying the credits from "file information" in PSE (I use "Copy and Close" and "Supply Tracker"}. Then I paste them into the comments section. I also paste them into the properties of my layout. How do I use the EXIF properties?

If you are using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and putting the file names under File>File Info, then what you put there will show up in the EXIF properties automatically. You will then find the EXIF Properties over on the left hand under Image Information Camera Data. I just checked a couple of your gallery postings and I don't see that the EXIF Properties is available.

I often do what you have done with your credits. I believe some of the designers do searches on their name and if a layout using their product pops up, they'll leave comments.

I go to the one that says IPTC content (from the left column under file info) and enter any products I've used where it says Description. What you put there will turn up on the EXIF file when you post a LO. At least that's how I've figured out to get it in there--but I'm using PSE 6 on a Mac and maybe it's different on yours.

Okay, I see a list over on the left. If I click on Advanced, I see EXIF Properties. But how do I add my credits to it?

You add them in PSE before you save your file. If you click on "File" and then "File Info" and paste your supply list in the 'description' section, then save your file, it will show up in the EXIF Properties once it's uploaded to the gallery.

Oops ... I see you are doing it in File Info, sorry!

I often do what you have done with your credits. I believe some of the designers do searches on their name and if a layout using their product pops up, they'll leave comments.

Oh, thanks for this! I never considered that. I'll start doing it that way, too. :)

I also use PSE6 on a Mac. When I use the Supply Tracker action, the credits show up on the layout AND in File Info, under Description > Caption. But only papers and embellishments and Supply Tracker itself are recorded automatically; styles and actions (and File Save, because it's applied after the rest of the layout is finished) have to be entered, either in a layer name before generating the credit list, or directly into file info. Hope this helps.

Archived