June 2011 Forum Game - Re-June-Venate

tiza126

We helped you jumpstart your January and now it's time to re-JUNE-venate your focus on scrapbooking! Join us on the message board this month for "Re-JUNE-venate"! This is a message board game and challenge that focuses on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little speedbumps of life. When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been challenged and treated to some fun along the way... with prize opportunities thrown in as well!

A member of the Welcoming Committee will post a mini-challenge/task each day (Monday through Saturday) from June 1-30. The tasks will be formatted in LARGE PURPLE FONT for ease of locating them in the game thread as it grows. Some tasks will require message board participation, email responses or gallery posting. Read each daily task carefully to see what is required of you.

Those who complete all tasks and submit or post required participation by Midnight Mountain Time June 30th will be entered in a drawing to win one of three $10 Gift Certificates to the ScrapGirls Boutique! Those who complete just the layouts will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $5 gift certificates. Those who complete just the speedbumps will be entered in a drawing for one of two $3 gift certificates. (Those who complete all tasks will have their name entered in all three drawings!)

A few tips to making this month a successful one!

• Stay on top of the daily tasks. Don't get more than a day or two behind if you can help it!

• Read the "task requirement" listed with each task so you know how to get credit for completing the task.

• When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task.

• Tasks that specify posting layouts can be added to the "Re-JUNE-venate 2011" Gallery

• Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. (For example, task #2 does NOT need to be included in your month-end email because its requirement is to post something to this thread.)

• Keep chatter about the game in the "Re-JUNE-venate Chit Chat" thread. Keep this thread for tasks, task-related questions for the Welcoming Committee and task requirements only.

Join us in June for some serious scrapbooking re-JUNE-venation!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #1

Transfer photos from your camera memory card(s) and organize or tag your photos using your preferred method. If all your photos are currently uploaded, you can take some new ones to upload for this task.

Task #1 -- I do this every day that I take photos. I upload my photos right away. So, sigh, I guess I'll just have to go and take some more photos today. Maybe a nice walk in the park or Botanical Garden.

TASK #1--Done. Found the camera. It was jumbled in the pile of things to take for this weekend. :2468who-do-we-appreciate: Downloaded 2 pictures. Not bad considering the month of May had 345 pictures. Now to start working on scrapping them! :wacko:

Task 1 - wow i did this without knowing it was a task! had a ton of kindergarten graduation, field day, first hike with new group and some quilting projects to organize. Got it all ready to go before the high noon chat! Yippee! (now to just get caught up on my organizing my scrapbooking products)

TASK #1 - Same boat as Angela - had LOTS of pics from field day, track & field day, a concert, Aspen's birthday, the kids' spring program, & the kids' talent show today (all of the above were events in May!). I downloaded over 300 photos, tagged & sorted them accordingly this afternoon before I knew it was a task. :)

does this task go into our email? There was no mention of how to confirm this task completed...

Task #2

Choose 3 photos from those you organized in Task #1 and edit them to make them look their best. You can use basic touch-ups or you can get adventurous using presets, filters, styles and/or actions. Share one photo and the techniques or tools you used in this thread.

Requirement: Post photo in thread.

How to upload a photo to the thread:

1) Make sure you are in Full Editor reply mode. Click on the button below the Fast Reply Box that says "Use Full Editor."

2) In Full Editor mode, there will be a section below the reply box that says "Attachments." Click on the Browse button, and navigate to the photo you wish to upload. In the File Upload window, click on the photo and press Open.

3) Click on the purple "Attach This File" button located directly below the photo path box. Once the file is uploaded, it will appear in a light purple box.

4) On the right side of that box is a link "Add to Post." Pressing that link will take your photo and add it as an attachment to your text reply. ( Once your photo is attached, you will see a phrase of coding added to the reply box. It will look something like this: "photo1234[/i].jpg]" )

Photo Size Limit: 2 MB

Task 2

I had already edited one of them last night, so I chose two more, thinking about what I'd journal about. I edited in Lightroom, which I just got a couple of weeks ago, so I fumble around in it. But I'm figuring it out. I just increased contrast and clarity, and this one I cropped, so the duck would be at one of the rule of thirds intersections...

2011-06-01feeding-ducks0869-1-S.jpg

Task #2 - I chose three photos of my youngest grandson, who was here visiting. The photo posted here was taken in a restaurant, so I used the hue and saturation adjustment to get the skin tones more natural. I forgot to say that I cropped this.

Task # 1 I took photos yesterday at my cousin's 5th grade "Living HIstory Museum" event at school and downloaded.

I forgot to post (actually I wasn't sure how to do it until I came back today to check it out!).

I don't know if that will count, but I'm posting in case it does. And, this should be my 2000th SG post! Yay!

(PS added to this post -- YAY! It was and my title worked this time and I am now a "Messageboard Wise One". Not so sure about the WIse part, though.. :D

I used the Spot Healing Brush Tool. Selected ContentAware and Sample all Layers. Brush to remove telephone wire. This is a technique that I recently learned to do.

Task # 1 I took photos yesterday at my cousin's 5th grade "Living HIstory Museum" event at school and downloaded.

I forgot to post (actually I wasn't sure how to do it until I came back today to check it out!).

I don't know if that will count, but I'm posting in case it does. And, this should be my 2000th SG post! Yay!

(PS added to this post -- YAY! It was and my title worked this time and I am now a "Messageboard Wise One". Not so sure about the WIse part, though.. :D

Well done Marilyn.

Thank you Belle! :)

Task #2

This photo was very dark and grainy. Well, it still looks grainy, but I applied the basic PE edits of light, saturation and sharpen.

Then I duplicated the layer and used "screen" blending to lighten it a bit more.

I also erased out a poster behind her head and duplicated the layer and place that spot over another wall spot underneath it.

Lastly, I used Brandy Murray's "color isolation" action to save only the pinks and reds in the photo (that strip on the left of the wall was bright blue and very distracting!)

The photo still doesn't look great, but I had fun playing with it!

I chose this picture of zoey with her teacher. I played with hue/sat, levels! and a duplicated layer for blending modes to lighten it a bit. Im not sure if i like it.. i kept trying black and white and liked it more.. lol..

Oh and i cropped it!

Okay.....I'm not sure if I can keep up this month and was dragging my feet (fingers?) but I'll at least get started. Jumpstart January was so much fun so I know it's a great challenge!

Task #1 done. Past due to clear off the cards, too, so it was a good reminder.

I took photos on the flowers on my desk at work. A little luxury I give myself is a bouquet of fresh flowers every Monday. And I've been photographing them. The ones I downloaded yesterday were from last week.

The techniques I used to really get adventuresome with one was to first crop it, Then I used the clone stamp tool to even out the background a little, getting rid of a distracting edge of my computer monitor. Then I used a couple of filters, first using the rough pastels then adding the extrude filter. I really haven't explored the filters in CS5 too much yet, but they look like they could be fun.

Task #2 I did some light editing in PSE9. The one I chose to post was a flower on the rose bush I gave my mom for Mother's Day this year. I did use the healing tool just a tad and then played with the photo filter adjustment layer and gave it the slightest color boost.

posting Task #3 early, since I won't have time tomorrow morning or afternoon...

Task #3

Search the ScrapGirls Boutique to find three collections or other products that work well with your photos from task #2.

Requirement: Share links to those three products in this thread.

Lost my photos that I took for Task 1. So for Task #2 I'm using a photo that I took on Saturday 5/29 of the Enid Haupt Conservatory at the Botanical Garden. I used the Distort Glass in PSE.

Archived