June 2011 Forum Game - Re-June-Venate

tiza126

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #3

I'm scrapping my kids' visit to the pond to feed the ducks, so first I searched for "duck" and found Digital Stickers: Water's Edge.

Then I saw a cute brush set Tracks 8301 that has duck feet print.

And finally, a search for "bread" gave me these Layer Your Own Bread Tags, which would be a cute addition, as we were tossing bread crumbs to the ducks.

Task #3 Here are three things from the boutique that I could use with my rose bush pictures.

Remembrance Collection

Rose Brushes

Beaute Botanique

I'm not sure which of these I would actually use but they would all work well. The two kits have been sitting in my Kaboodle list, maybe it's time to actually get one since I know I could use it.

Task #2: Completed.

Layer 1: Original. Cropped and Duplicated.

Layer 2: Screen Blend Mode at 25%: Duplicated.

Layer 3: Overlay Blend Mode at 25%.

Layer 4. Black and White Adjustment Layer at Normal/100% opacity. Layer Mask applied and Soft Brush at very low opacity (8%) brushed over Logan until I was satisfied with the color.

Layers were grouped with Layer> New> Group from Layers. Group duplicated (right click on group and chose "duplicate group.") New group merged by right clicking on group and choosing Merge Group. Blend mode Normal at 100%.

Photo Filter Adjustment Layer applied: Sepia at 59%.

Wound up with a slightly colorized photo with a bit of a glow.

Task 4 - LAYOUT

Use one of the collections you found in the gallery (or something you already have in your stash) to complete a layout using the photos you worked with in task #2.

Requirement: Post your layout in the gallery and share the link in this thread.

Task 1 & 2 Complete!

I'm a bit behind here but that is no surprise. I downloaded the photos in my cameras and there were not many to work with but I'm going to try and get creative with what I have. We discovered this little cactus on our property a couple of year ago. It blooms beautifully every spring. I missed the blooms on this day (it was later afternoon when I saw it)but I wanted to take a photo because it was the first day I noticed the flowers were out. Here is the photo I'm starting with. I used a photo filter to add a golden cast and then I adjusted the sharpness.

Task 1 Complete...all the photos that were in the camera were already on my computer. I renamed them all and deleted from my card, clean and ready now! :)

Task 2:

I adjusted the levels on this photo, then applied Melissa's action MRE__PhotoBasics_SmartGlow

Pretty simple!!

Task 1 Complete...all the photos that were in the camera were already on my computer. I renamed them all and deleted from my card, clean and ready now! :)

Task 2:

I adjusted the levels on this photo, then applied Melissa's action MRE__PhotoBasics_SmartGlow

Pretty simple!!

Ok, this photo looks awful on the upload...but looks great on my screen in PS!

Archived