June 2011 Forum Game - Re-June-Venate

tiza126

Task 21 - done. I took photos of some fabric in my bedroom and also in the living room. I decided to choose the one I have posted the photo of. I have a desk chair I covered with it, a footstool, and my valences out of this fabric. It looks dark here, but it really is soft and pretty.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #20 I didn't have much to unzip today, since I usually do it right after I shop, but I do usually wait to unzip all my freebies, so I did those today. After I unzip I just store all my supplies on my EHD. On my drive I have them sorted into Alphas, Collections, Layout Templates, Embellishments, Papers and Tools like Brushes, Styles and Actions etc. . . I tend to leave my Collections together since I use Picasa if I'm looking for individual items. Sometimes if I have a lot of freebies to unzip I just drop them into the main folders instead of their subfolders, which are plentiful, so today I did sort a bunch of items into subfolders.

That's it for Task #20 .. . done!

TASK #13--Done. I chose to use a retired collection by TYO_Patricia Yochum. Since I can't include a link, I attached one of the words.

I find so many of my daughters baby clothes very inspiring! Some of those dresses are just so darn cute! The one I picked is one that I don't even have a picture of her in and she has outgrown it already. This little dress is Navy blue corduroy with two shades of pink -apples and blossoms- with green leaves. It also has stitching and buttons. "apple of my eye", is stitched on the side. I was thinking that it would be fun to create into word art.

So glad I took these pictures. I think I'm going to create a color swatch of this in Kuler now!

Task #21 done!

TASK #20--Done. It's been forever since I unzipped my downloads. I got that done and most of them sorted into parent folders, got some more sorting to do, but I did have nearly 300 folders to extract. :wacko:

My system if similar to one that was posted earlier. I sort into the following file structure (I'm a DOS throwback. I'll admit it.)

Scrapbooking Supplies (Commercial vs. Personal)

Company (Scrap Girls, etc.)

Artist (SNU_Syndee Knuckles, etc.)

Collection

Type of file (Alpha, Embellishment, Paper, or WordArt)

If something does not have a collection that it belongs with (Freebies or stand alone purchases), I do have an Alpha, Embellishment, Paper, and WordArt file under the artist. Occasionally, I have a Brush or Action folder as well.

From there, I use Picassa and Windows Explorer to search my stash. Typically, once I've found one element that I like, I stay with in the same collection.

TASK #18--Done.

I recently purchased several SS_Paper Templates, but have been rather intimidated by them. I checked out the University tutorials. I have been focused on blending modes up until now, but I think that I will try the coloring techniques and the filters in our next LO.

Task 22

Drawing inspiration from task # 21, use a ScrapSimple paper, embellishment, alpha or word art create at least one item for a future layout.

Just a Reminder -- Task 23 will be posted on Monday, June 27 (enjoy your Sunday).

I have a painting hanging on the wall above my PC. I love the creams and browns with just a touch of color in the painting. I always think that layouts using these colors look really elegant.

Task16 June 18

Spend a few minutes taking photos with special attention to lighting,composition, vantage point, etc in an effort to take your photography to aslightly new level. Requirement: Post to this thread describing one technique you used.

I decided to take some shots in the RAW mode. Have done that in the past but really never did anything with them. Will see if it can make difference adjusting my photos.

Task18

Spend a few minutes in your scrapping software learning how to do something new. You can use the ScrapGirls University, the ScrapGirls Newslettertutorials, your software manual or simply play around with your software.

Requirement: Briefly share what you've learned in this thread.

I finally spent the time to learn how to open and edit photos in camera raw in Adobe Bridge. Then learned how to take the adjusted picture directly into Photoshop. I know this may be elementary, but I just never bothered with it before.

Task 20

I am on a Mac, so everythingis unzipped (rarely a file is not recognized, so I downloaded free Zipeg program, and on those few occasions, I use it.) The first thing I do is open Adobe Bridge and from my downloaded files assign keywords. It takes Bridge awhile to collect the data when it first opens, but after that I have no problem using keywords. Then I put the downloaded files into various categories –Collections, Embellishments, Paper, etc. I still keep the originals in my download file and copy to my externals. I am so paranoid about losing files in a computer crash that I have 3 external hard drives that I also keep the files on (if there is the slightest chance that one of our humongous thunderstorms is possible,I always unplug.) Every once in a while I burn a disk of the latest folders and try to keep things backed up on DVDs.

(Whew, just telling it wore me out. Maybe I'm a bit OCD!)

Task 21

This was so much fun – I took many pictures and discovered some great patterns and textures – hard to pick just one. Here is a shower curtain looking down from top to bottom.

Task 20: Speedbump. Complete

My method is to download Collections by Desinger Initials. I have folders for SS Templates, Embellishment Templates, Alpha Templates, Styles, Actions, Shapes, etc. and file by Desinger initials under each category. I have to keep the folders fairly simple...if they go "too deep" they don't save. I have been doing it this way for two years and it seems to work well for me. Recently, after reading Angie Briggs' tutorial, I started using Windows Live Photo Gallery to view individual items in one place. I really like this.

Task 21. Complete.

The colors I chose are from a new, Huffy bike. It's a retro coaster, single speed bike in mint green, cream and chocolate brown (plus some silver and whitewall.) I never liked riding speed bikes with modern tires- LOL and saw this in the store and loved it, probably due to the colors.

Archived