June 2011 Forum Game - Re-June-Venate

tiza126

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #18: Done. I used the Magic Eraser Tool in PS5. In the HELP section of the software I learned that the tool changes all similar pixels to transparent. Depending upon the tolerance and opacity, I can change portions of a paper, for example, so that sections look semi transparent or transparent, revealing what's underneath. Lots of fun possibilities, but somewhat "permanent." I tend not to use erasers due to paranoia- LOL.

TASK #13 COMPLETED?

I'm not sure if this is what the task is asking for. I don't have any kits from the boutique, so I just created what is going to be the title for my page. I only used one scrapbooking element. I used a graphic for the lips, graphics for the dice and I used a preset shape to place the font on to make it curl around the girl's breath. I hid the present shape and then converted the vector layer into a raster layer and then increased the size to make it fit better.

The "breath" is an element from a freebie kit I downloaded.

Task 15 - SPEEDBUMP - COMPLETE!

I'm not sure if the profile for Layout Artist Charlene Crowder (scrappinchar) is current or just has the wrong date.

According to it, she had a baby in August of this year. At first I thought that she was DUE this year, but realized it said August 2010.

Task 16 - Complete.

In this photo I was ableto capture the event exactly as I wanted it. The snail is the focal point butthe fact a little boy is holding it up and inspecting it also adds to it. Thelush greenery in the background is blurred to the point that it only acts to enhance the details on the subject and add color.

Task 17. Took a photo of Esti with Christmas lights behind her.

Task 18. I decided to use a grunge brush to make a photo mask. I used the turorial that was in the News letter on 30 March. Using this method you can make a mask to fit any photo and do not have to rely on ready made masks.

Task 20 – SPEEDBUMP

Are your scrapbooking products all unzipped and organized? Spend some time organizing your digiscrapping supplies today.

Requirement: Post to this thread sharing your basic organizational method with us.

Once I stopped ROFL at the notion of my organizational method, I realize I do have a sort-of method. I unzip as soon as Ive downloaded my purchases because usually Im too curious to see everything in the file to wait! My files are arranged into general categories. I keep Collections together, so I have a folder for them. Other categories are more specific: Backgrounds, Embellishments, Templates, Tutorials, etc. I have sub-categories, too, e.g., under Embellishments, I have Frames, Ribbons, etc. I keep my original zip folders inside the extracted files. So, for example, inside the Collections folder, I have a folder for BMU_BackPorch, and inside that folder is the original zip file. Usually I can find whatever Im looking for, but I definitely need to tag everything. Im so glad there were newsletter tutorials about tagging! Up until the tutorials, tagging was a big mystery to me. Thanks!

Task#20 complete!

Task 20: Complete

I took my purchases from 2 days ago and filed them.

I work on a Mac and everything automatically unzips and throws the zip in the trash for me, but then I take my purchases and put all the collection pieces together in it;s own folder. I do the same with any purchase - all the templates from a selection go in a folder together...

Next, I store these folders in a larger folder holding all the items from that particular order. I then add what I bought to a running list of my materials. I print a photo of the item in the list too. It makes it easier for me to refer to a hard copy when looking for ideas.

All done! :)

Task 20

Since I switched a Mac six weeks ago, I never have to unzip anymore. Mac does it automatically. I do, however, still have to transfer files from my download folder to my scrap stash folders, which I usually do on a daily basis (if I have something new).

I am currently changing the way I organize my scrap supplies. Since the beginning, after reading Ro's "15 Things...," I have been breaking apart kits and organizing by type of item. So I have a folder for alphas with subfolders for colors, another for backgrounds, another for frames, etc etc etc.

This year I am beginning to work on CTs and scrap for others, so I think it's better to keep my kits together now. I'm sorting by store>designer>kit. I'm considering using Picasa or Lightroom, but so far simply navigating my files is working for me.

Task #20 - Done. The only things I had that had not been unzipped and filed were three freebies. I took care of them, and backed up my scrapbook files to an EHD. (I also use Carbonite as a backup). My current method for organizing is: Most collections are kept together, and those folders are all in a folder called collections; the SS clubs are kept each one in it's own folder, and kept together organized by date; elements that do not belong to a collection I have are filed according to category, ie frames, flowers, tags etc. I use Picasa which makes it very easy to find what I am looking for.

Task 18 - Complete

I went to our forum and looked up PSP 12 to see if there were any features in there I wasn't already using. I saw one about opening brushes in PSP and read that.

As I was reading the original post, I was thinking that the user could open the PNG file and then "Import" as a custom brush. But as I read on, I saw that Tiza answered and I learned a shortcut and a tip from her post.

So first you open the png and then resize it so that its highest point is at 999 pixels (I knew to "resize all layers"). So that was the tip I learned. And the shortcut was that you just click on the brush and at the bottom of that window click the icon of a brush with a boxed frame around it to reach the "import brush" window.

Very helpful!!

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/48530-installing-brushes-in-psp-x2/

Still working on the LO,

TASK 20 complete

I unzip a couple of times a week then sort items into various folders according to type - used to work great but as my collection grows it takes longer to find things because I like to look at all of it & that can take a while. My main folders are tools, paper, embellishments, templates, & alphas - they break down into sub-folders of buttons, staples, patterned papers, solids, frames, word art, & so on.

Task 21

Look through your home to find a pattern and/or color combination that inspires you. Curtains, bedspreads, dishes, furniture, tile, and artwork all work well. You can interpret this task as creatively as you'd like.

Requirement: Post a description of the pattern and/or colors or share a photo of your inspiration in this game thread.

Task 20. I unzip immediately and open a sub folder in my "Collections" folder. I put everything in here as well as splitting everything up into seperate folders. For eg. Papers with all the sub folders, Bits and Bobs with its sub folders like flowers, brads etc, Word art and so on. My zipped files go onto two ehd's. I am so scared of losing everything. My Scrap Girls Stash folder also gets backed up to 2 ehd's. Up to date at the moment.

Task 20 done

I've used Ro's organization method since the beginning of acquiring scrap supplies and it seems to work the best for me. I don't tag, so placing items in the proper subdirectory is key. ACDSee and Picasa help me view my stash.

Task 19 - LAYOUT - COMPLETE

I wanted to do a two-page layout because there were several photos I wanted to include and if they were reduced too much it took away from the details.

I made sure that the plant stem on the left page meandered inline to the right page to "connect" them.

http://scrapgirls.ne...-awe-left-side/

http://scrapgirls.ne...awe-right-side/

Task 20 – SPEEDBUMP - COMPLETE

I actually took care of this list night as I was working on the LO for Task 19; I had to get more organized so that I could find what I was looking for.

My organization method is fledgling; I'm sure I'll be re-thinking the way I do it. I have my Digital Scrapbooking file under "Graphics".

Graphics

Digital Scrapbooking

Folder by Website

Folder by Artist

Folder by Collection

Folder for Alphas

All papers, elements, brushes etc, are loose.

1 document regarding TOU is included

I found that if I'm wanting to find a corner, for example, I can open the Digital Scrapbooking folder and so a search within that folder for "Corner"; anything with "Corner" in the name will display with a thumbnail.

The alphas are simple enough, I can just type Alpha and it will show all the Alpha subfolders and I click on each one to see what the alpha looks like.

I love being able to keep track of where and who the files are coming from, and yet still being able to browse without the clicking of the many subfolders.

I'm considering re-naming the files by prepending with:

Papers

Elements

Corners

etc.

This way I can find the specific type of element or file I'm looking for and be satisfied that I'm not missing anything.

I'm looking forward to reading other methods people use! This is a really useful task!

I can't believe it...I'm totally caught up!!

Does that say "addict" or WHAT??

Task 21 - Completed!

My bathroom has rust, ecru, golds and browns; the showercurtain valances are in the same colors and are organza so they are shimmery.

Resize the image the same way that you would do for posting a layout. (This is what I do anyway) Then use the 'USE FULL EDITOR' and on the left hand side at the bottom there will be a space to insert image. First browse for it then insert. Sorry, I am not so good at explaining things. Someone will be along shortly to explain properly.

Task 21: COMPLETE!

Ok... So, I walked around my house and didn't see anything too inspiring and of course, now I'm a bit wary wondering WHAT we're going to have to do with this color scheme once we pick it!

So I finally decided to "think outside the box" and photograph various purple clothing and textures I own. :D

This is one one of my favorite Tshirts. I've actually come to like purples/lavenders mixed with turquoises, blues and pinks!

Archived