June 2011 Re-June-Venate Chit Chat

tiza126

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm coming late to this dance, never been here before, but am going to try to keep up.

I like what you did with your photo. Are you going to do OOB's with it? I really must go and find a photo that I can do that with. Great job.

Okay, so how does one link to a post (for this speedbump today)? I can link the page my post is on, but link the post itself?

I'll post those instructions for everyone in the main game thread. Good question!

I'm coming late to this dance, never been here before, but am going to try to keep up.

I like what you did with your photo. Are you going to do OOB's with it? I really must go and find a photo that I can do that with. Great job.

Thanks - haven't thought that far ahead. I'm still trying to figure out how to post and reply on the forum threads!

OK - tried to follow instructions for posting my number of posts. The purple bar has no post number. I'm not familiar with posting to the forum, so any help is appreciated. (What qualifies as a post - as in the list of top posters each day?)

So - I guess my number is 40. What is the document we are supposed to use to keep track of our tasks and is it posted somewhere? It's taking me longer to figure out what to do than it takes to actually do it!

OK - tried to follow instructions for posting my number of posts. The purple bar has no post number. I'm not familiar with posting to the forum, so any help is appreciated. (What qualifies as a post - as in the list of top posters each day?)

Your personal post count can be found on the left side of any forum reply that you make, under your photo... For example, underneath mine it currently says I have 8,302 posts (which will go up as soon as I reply on more threads). That number is what you need to record in the official game thread.

Post counts rise for every reply you make on the forums - whether that be in games, challenges, meet & greet section, etc.

The purple bar directly above your forum reply post (the same bar that has your screen name) is where you find what reply number you were in that specific thread. For example, I am reply #42 in this chit-chat thread. You were reply #41 in the chit-chat thread When you post your number in the specific game thread, locate that number...it is hyperlinked, so you need to right click on it, copy the link location, and paste that to whatever document you are using to track your tasks.

Have I confused you yet?

I would create more screenshots and show more examples for you, but I am on my work computer and don't have my photo-editing software available to crop & adjust them.

I have my list of Boutique items for task 3, but don't know how to post the link to this thread. I also posted my layout but don't know how to post the link to it here. Is there some tutorial on this somewhere. I've looked and can't find any.

I have my list of Boutique items for task 3, but don't know how to post the link to this thread. I also posted my layout but don't know how to post the link to it here. Is there some tutorial on this somewhere. I've looked and can't find any.

You'll want to read Shannon's reply in this post HTH :)

I'm all caught up. I think I'll have to go back and check the directions for #5 though. I was able to finish my LO and get it in the gallery. I use the SG_Script_FileSave when I am going to post a layout in the gallery, helps with listing supplies after I use the supply tracker, but this time I must have hit some other key too, because it actually flattened my psd file so now I don't have my layers saved. I probably could have hit undo, but I didn't realize it happened until after I shut down PSE. I hope we don't have to go back and change anything on the LO because I'm in trouble if we do. uggggh!!

I'm all caught up. I think I'll have to go back and check the directions for #5 though. I was able to finish my LO and get it in the gallery. I use the SG_Script_FileSave when I am going to post a layout in the gallery, helps with listing supplies after I use the supply tracker, but this time I must have hit some other key too, because it actually flattened my psd file so now I don't have my layers saved. I probably could have hit undo, but I didn't realize it happened until after I shut down PSE. I hope we don't have to go back and change anything on the LO because I'm in trouble if we do. uggggh!!

Once a task requires you to post a layout, that is generally the end of that one, so you should be okay this time. I hate when I accidentally flatten a layout and save it!!

I have chosen my 5. Do we have to paste links in this thread?

Belle, from what I understand you need the links in the end of the month e-mail, but not in the threads. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. :)

Question about the total number of posts under our avatar. I've posted twice in the forum, but the second Posts count did not increment by one as I thought it should. It just stayed the same number as my previous post.

First: it would be impossible to choose 5 FAVORITES for task #6! Since they just have to be Fabulous, the task was easy. I just closed my eyes and picked. However, I saved the links in a Word file on my own computer; I didn't realize we had a Favorites section in our own profile. After reading the explanation, I found the favorites section, but I don't know how to post a picture -- or a link -- there. Can you help? Thanks!!

I've posted 3 times in the forum all within the last 15 minutes (this post will be the 4th). The Posts count under my avatar is the same for all 3 of them: Posts: 680

I'm not sure what is happening. Where in the forum are you posting? They should be counting.

First: it would be impossible to choose 5 FAVORITES for task #6! Since they just have to be Fabulous, the task was easy. I just closed my eyes and picked. However, I saved the links in a Word file on my own computer; I didn't realize we had a Favorites section in our own profile. After reading the explanation, I found the favorites section, but I don't know how to post a picture -- or a link -- there. Can you help? Thanks!!

When you are looking at a layout in the gallery, on the right side is the box that shows the member who created the layout, Image information (views, comments, file size), etc. There is a header that says "Like This Image" - next to this header is a little circle with a plus sign. Click on the plus sign, and it will open up 2 more options. One of these is "Favorite." When you click on the favorite link, it saves that layout into the favorites section of your profile.

Archived