June 2011 Re-June-Venate Chit Chat

tiza126

I've posted 3 times in the forum all within the last 15 minutes (this post will be the 4th). The Posts count under my avatar is the same for all 3 of them: Posts: 680

I'm not sure what is happening. Where in the forum are you posting? They should be counting.

If I'm understanding this right, the post counts will be the same. Every time you post something, the count goes up, and it goes up on all previous posts. So if you look back at a previous post, (even a really old post) the post count will be the same as the most recent post count. Am I making any sense?

(It's just like when you change your avatar or siggy - it will change on all previous posts)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about the total number of posts under our avatar. I've posted twice in the forum, but the second Posts count did not increment by one as I thought it should. It just stayed the same number as my previous post.

Tina, have you tried refreshing the page? I know that the computer stores the avatars somewhere to save on load time. If you (or someone else occasionally) change your picture, it won't load until you refresh the page. Perhaps your computer is storing that whole frame. HTH

Thanks Monica, I did try refreshing the page, but the post number didn't go up. Seems like it takes awhile. My post right above yours should be at Post 683 but it is still showing 682 after 20 minutes. I'll check back after work today to see if it's gone up.

Hi ladies, you're probably tired of hearing my questions about number of posts as listed under my avatar. Just want to make sure I do task #5 for the challenge so I'm watching the count to make sure I meet the minimum. Maybe someone can explain how it is supposed to work. It doesn't quite add up for me.

What I decided to do was to keep track on paper and then compare to what is showing for post count.

This evening around 6:15pm I got on the forum, found one of my last posts in this thread showing a post count of 683.

Then, I went out to the Gallery and commented on one layout. Came back to the forum and saw my post count increased by 1 to 684. So far so good.

Went back to the Gallery and left comments on 6 different layouts.

Came back to the forum and expected to see the post count increase by 6. It did not.

I left a comment on the forum which did up my count by 1 for a total of 685.

Anyone know why the 6 gallery comments did not add to my count?

Thanks!

Only the comments that you leave in the threads will count towards the posts. The comments on layouts is in a different place and is a different count. If you go to your 'Profile' you will see 'Active Posts', this is how many times you have left comments on layouts.

I have got to lighten up - I am becoming absolutely anal about having a mask perfect (as perfect as I can) down to the last pixel. I wind up spending hours and hours on something that really isn't that important. I may need an intervention!

I'm finding that some of the favorites that I have chosen (and done a LO) can only find the LO if I am searching (with the gallery http address) in my favorites gallery. When I search the regular gallery or a general search on the web site, I get the response that it can't be found. Any ideas on what is going on?

Or another idea BetC is to PM the ScrapGirl whose layout you are Scrap-lifting and ask her if she'd consider posting it in the Gallery for everyone to see.

Dot scraplifted a layout of mine once and said in the thread that it was a class project so couldn't be seen by everyone. She also asked me if I'd consider re-posting it so everyone could view it when she gave credit.

I did and she was able to post that new link for all to see.

I hope this isn't too confusing and is helpful.

The problem could also maybe be that the member removed the layout since you put it in your Favorites?

I laughed outloud when I read this! When I am getting to the end of a layout, I will sometimes spend hours (well, maybe not HOURS) nudging embellishments, photos, etc -- tiny, tiny spaces and going back and forth and saving, then looking again, etc... Over and over and over.... It can make me crazy, but I like to think that maybe it's why I finally might be pleased in the end? :)

I have got to lighten up - I am becoming absolutely anal about having a mask perfect (as perfect as I can) down to the last pixel. I wind up spending hours and hours on something that really isn't that important. I may need an intervention!

About the link to the favorite that I scrap-lifted. It is in the general gallery. It worked the first time I tried and from then on, it didn't. I haven't posted it in the Re-JUNE-evate thread yet. Will give that a try.

Thanks for the clarification Belle. However, I did find this morning (and yesterday), that leaving a comment in the Gallery does up my post count under my Avatar, but not consistently.

Checked my post count this morning around 6am by looking at my last post in this thread - posts = 686.

Went out to the gallery and commented on one layout. Came back here. My post count increased by one to 687.

I expect when I post this comment, my count will show at 688.

It just occurred to me that I'm not going to be able to finish this game! We go on vacation the last week of June and won't be home til July 2. I'd take the laptop, but this year we're camping in a non-electric campground. DH would probably frown on me taking a car power adapter...

I'm really bringing up the rear on this - just hopped in and trying to play catchup. I hope I can get caught up and then keep up!

I'm sure you can catch up, and I know you will enjoy it. This is one of my favorite monthly games.

Today I was like a comedian's routine - I went looking for the photo for task 10 - then saw I had some papers that needed filing - then found a recipe in with the papers - then took it to the kitchen and saw I needed to take the trash out - saw that poison ivy was coming up in my flower bed - went to get plastic bag so I could pull it up - saw the bags were running out - went to get my phone to put that on my grocery list ................ HOURS LATER - I realized I still hadn't looked for the photo for task10!!!

Today I was like a comedian's routine - I went looking for the photo for task 10 - then saw I had some papers that needed filing - then found a recipe in with the papers - then took it to the kitchen and saw I needed to take the trash out - saw that poison ivy was coming up in my flower bed - went to get plastic bag so I could pull it up - saw the bags were running out - went to get my phone to put that on my grocery list ................ HOURS LATER - I realized I still hadn't looked for the photo for task10!!!

Gee, that sounds familiar. Are we related?

Archived