June 2011 Re-June-Venate Chit Chat

tiza126

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any cute ideas on how you would label faces in a picture with six people?? I haven't seen it done much in the gallery. I have a siblings photo that I'm working with and would like to have everyone's name on it somewhere, but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for the help!

Any cute ideas on how you would label faces in a picture with six people?? I haven't seen it done much in the gallery. I have a siblings photo that I'm working with and would like to have everyone's name on it somewhere, but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for the help!

You could take two small strips of paper, and have them tucking out of the side of the photo - back row names on the top strip, front row names on the bottom strip. Even better, keeping with the "rule of 3", have a 3rd strip of paper where you can label the date/place.

Here's an example of the kind of paper strips I'm talking about: Sat. Color Challenge 6/11 (I used them for journaling, but you could easily use them as labels).

I used this product: ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Journal Strips Biggie

Going to take off next week with friends I have played bridge with for 35 years. Every summer we all take off and go to one member's lovely lake home and have a great girls' week together. Will miss seeing what you guys are doing. Hope I can catch up when I get back. (Wish there was some way I could get my freebies but it has been voted that no computers are allowed for the week - how will I survive!!!!) Will do my task 16 while gone. Scrap Girls will be part of the week - they ask me to make the score tallies with LOs on the back - they think they are quite the thing.

OK I'm wondering if this is just on my computer or not. I've been trying to get on the About us section from the home page, but reciently I've been getting a pop up window - just on the home page- asking if I want to sign up for the newsletter. Is this a new SG feature for the home page??? A pop up window? Problem today was I couldn't turn the pop up off. So there is no way for me to get anywhere from the home page because this pop up prevents me from doing anything else unless I click on it and I'm not one to click on pop up windows. Is this a bug on my computer??? It does us Ro's name on it? Weird??

No, it's not just you. There was a bunch of comments about that a few days ago. You should be able to "x" out of the box.. But, if you can't - (as many people couldn't) here is what Theresa said this morning on the "Comments" --

teecee Today, 12:25 AM

I had the same problem -When the pop up comes up, I had to click on my compatibility button on my IE toolbar (mine is located to the left of the refresh button). Then an x shows up on the pop up and just click on it to close it. HTH!

I hope that helps and good luck! There was a lot of talk about this the other day.

OK I'm wondering if this is just on my computer or not. I've been trying to get on the About us section from the home page, but reciently I've been getting a pop up window - just on the home page- asking if I want to sign up for the newsletter. Is this a new SG feature for the home page??? A pop up window? Problem today was I couldn't turn the pop up off. So there is no way for me to get anywhere from the home page because this pop up prevents me from doing anything else unless I click on it and I'm not one to click on pop up windows. Is this a bug on my computer??? It does us Ro's name on it? Weird??

AnaLee, if you are still having trouble, try contacting Wendee (CreativeSparkle). She should be able to help you. :)

Thanks for the help. I think my biggest problem was IE. I don't like using it so I switched to Google Chrome and now I have no problems, I can just click on the x. Not a huge fan of popup windows myself, but I got into the About us section. So impressiv I didn't realize how many people were involved.

Back home from my "gals only" vacation - got some nice pictures, but since we spent a lot of time on the boat, I didn't get as many as I would want -- I'm afraid of splashing water, etc. on my camera. Ready to get scrapping but now having thunderstorms - may be off and on all day. Will try to start catching up.

Archived