Pse For Mac Help

suzhugh

I am pretty much a newbie and I am trying to pull pictures and papers onto a 12x12 canvas. When I pull the paper onto the canvas, it is small and doesn't fill the whole sheet. I can stretch it to fit, but I know there is supposed to be a way to do it. I am also working on a poster collage 24 x 36. When I put the pictures on the canvas, they are much bigger than they should be. Is there a way to keep the size when pulling them in. Also, if I pull a picture frame into Pse that has a mask and shadow, they don't pull onto the canvas stacked. They are tiled.

Thank you for your help!!

I have PSE on a PC, but I think this will work. When you are ready to place an item, instead of opening it, go to File - Place, and find your paper or element there. (This will also be true for your stacked items, although you may have to pull them individually by layer - not sure if that is different on a Mac.)

You may want to check your dpi when you create your files. It should be at 300 for digital scrapping. Items can be very disproportionate if they dpi is off.

As for the mask and shadows, If you open the stacked psd file, select the layers in the layers palette, and hold your shift key while dragging them onto your layout, they should be aligned correctly on the layout and keep the layers.

Archived