7 replies to this topic

#1 pmcgraw

pmcgraw

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

My hard drive crashed and with it went Picasa and all of the organizing I had done on it. Now I can't remember how to organize all of my scrapbooking stuff. Please send me all of your suggestions! Where do I start??? Then what??? Help!!!

#2 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Oh, that's a shame, but maybe some of it's recoverable. Have you taken the drive to a shop to see what they can recover of your supplies, and your Picasa files? Picasa keeps a database, and IF you can put the supplies in the same folder structure, then you may be able to re-use its database.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
Scrap10-Blinkie.gif  SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#3 pmcgraw

pmcgraw

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I just can't remember how Ro suggested to me the organizing method in Picasa. Do you make file folders for paper, embellishments, etc.? and where do you do this?

#4 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi -- so sorry about your hard drive.. I went poking around here on ScrapGirls and finally found the article I think you're looking for:
Ro's Organizing
Hope that helps... Good Luck!!! :)

gallery_19549_358_29403.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 Belle

Belle

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 21,775 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I keep my collections together in a collections file and then seperate everything into files useing Ro's method. I just find it easier to work this way. Of course I had to have a bigger hard drive put in, but I like the way I have everything organised.

BLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#6 Rose Ann

Rose Ann

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

Oh man! I had a hd crash a few weeks ago! I can feel your pain!
Hope you get everything back smoothly and quickly!

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,376 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

Sorry to hear about your computer crashing. I've been there, twice. First time I didn't have a backup. Second time, luckily I had a backup and was able to recover everything. That is so important to have a backup service off-site. You never know when your system will crash, and unfortunately they will crash. It's just a question of when, not 'if' it will crash.

I hope you can get everything or at least a partial recovery. Take your pc to a good shop and have them see what can be recovered. Good luck.

gallery_11036_358_24257.jpg

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for November 2014, 7372 -- 7382 as of 11-23-14

#8 MLLatscrapgirls

MLLatscrapgirls

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

Pam, I hope the above suggestions work and you manage to get your information back!

I keep all my Scrapgirls stuff together, in folders by Kits, Brushes, Templates, Styles, etc. Under Kits, I have a folder for each collection. I pretty much let Picasa use its own search engine to find things for me ("staple" for example or "pink ribbon".) The one thing I do try to tag pretty regularly is full sheets of paper - sometimes "paper" includes too many items for what I am looking for. I label them "justpaper" as I unzip the kits when they show up in the Recently Added window. (My non-SG stuff is in a folder Misc Designers and I only wish it was as well organized lol.)

Then when I have time, I go through and look for ribbons or holidays that may not be obvious from the file name and tag those. So if I search for Christmas stuff, Xcelsius Deus comes up even though Christmas is not in the file name.

I think the free starter book in the freebies also has organizing help! And there is at least one thread about Picasa here too! Good luck!
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was,the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child....
... Forest Witcraft
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image:http://scrapgirls.co...ES_MOM-Past.gif
I am not shopping; I am supporting graphic artists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users