Midwest Meet Up-The Date Is Set!

Dh gave me the ok to go. I just need to find a sitter for the girls and dog. Once we know a date, I can ask my mom. I don't care on the location. Either weekend should work. Once it gets closer, there will be a thousand things going on, but oh well. Hopefully my sil will have the twins' first bday party the weekend after they turn one, not before, lol!

:dancingelephant:

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course anybody is welcome here at my house. Cheri if you want to bring your family on holiday you are welcome. Remember that here we drive on the left hand side of the road, which is the right side, and not the right side, which is the wrong side.:rolleyes: Really looking forward to a visit.

Awww, if only we had that much money:) Thank you Belle. Our oldest will be in third grade in the fall and is learning multiplication...so we turned this into a math lesson and figured at $2600 per ticket it would be $13,000 for our entire family. Yikes!

Of course anybody is welcome here at my house. Cheri if you want to bring your family on holiday you are welcome. Remember that here we drive on the left hand side of the road, which is the right side, and not the right side, which is the wrong side.:rolleyes: Really looking forward to a visit.

Awww, if only we had that much money:) Thank you Belle. Our oldest will be in third grade in the fall and is learning multiplication...so we turned this into a math lesson and figured at $2600 per ticket it would be $13,000 for our entire family. Yikes!

Wow that's a lot!

Belle...I know, that's what I was thinking...about the right amount for a car!

Btw, the side of the road thing wouldn't be an issue. We did just fine in Great Britain and St. Thomas (US Virgin Isles...drive on the left. British Virgin Isles drive on the right. Say WHAT?!) Mom was with us on St. Thomas and she could hardly RIDE on the left side. The first night (granted it was a little unnerving to arrive after dark and drive right away on a busy highway) she kept saying, "It's just WRONG!" regarding the cars whizzing by on the right:)

it looks like I'll have to go get a passport and come out there if nobody is coming here.

That was what I was telling my DH last night. Instead of all of us spending a fortune to visit you (though Africa is still on my Bucket List), we should all chip in $50 and bring you to us! :)

OK......maybe I can get back to planning today. Let's just say yesterday was a *bit* overwhelming dealing with all the legal stuff regarding SIL estate.

(slight change of subject....JUST got an e-mail regarding some approval on the legal stuff..{I spent 8 hours on this form and talking with attorneys and such}...we were approved for one "big hurdle". WOO HOOO.......maybe I can relax now)

OK....so........be back shortly

Ok, I can make the schedule for the first weekend in October work...barely, but one of my partners is covering for me. If that's ok with everyone else, let's at least firm up the dates. I have to turn the schedule in Monday.

Sandi, just to make sure, you are talking about October 7-9?

Hey, if we have dates, now all we need is a location!! We don't have to worry about participants; we have plenty of those, lol.

Nica, great idea...we could start a "get Belle here for the crop" fund:)

I don't know how travel works from other countries to here, but if I were to go there, I wouldn't need a Visa (or at least I didn't when we visited Europe). Just a passport. That's too bad if it's that complicated just to visit here for a few days or weeks:(

OK LADIES...LISTEN UP:

PLEASE send me a PM ASAP letting me know which weekend works best for you!!

9/30-10/2

OR

10/7-10/9

We have to have the date set before the weekend for those who have to put in for time off on their work schedules!

Thanks for your help!!

PS-I can start the official countdown when we get the date firmed up! :D

Archived