Midwest Meet Up-The Date Is Set!

I just had a totally brilliant idea for a "Scrap Girls Meetup Savings Plan" after talking with Joann earlier tonight.

Follow the craft tutorial from the June 9th newsletter for Tin Can Centerpieces, and make a cute decorated can (or jar). Label the can/jar as your Meetup Funds. Any time you are at the store and you want to grab that package of Oreos, tub of ice cream, box of cake mix, or pack of soda (or any other junk food weakness), put the product back on the shelf. When you get home, put the cost of that item in your can/jar. The savings from each shopping trip will add up into spending money for your trip to Kansas City! And you might even lose a few pounds in the process ;) (This would work just as well if you clip coupons and keep the savings for yourself)

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a totally brilliant idea for a "Scrap Girls Meetup Savings Plan" after talking with Joann earlier tonight.

Follow the craft tutorial from the June 9th newsletter for Tin Can Centerpieces, and make a cute decorated can (or jar). Label the can/jar as your Meetup Funds. Any time you are at the store and you want to grab that package of Oreos, tub of ice cream, box of cake mix, or pack of soda (or any other junk food weakness), put the product back on the shelf. When you get home, put the cost of that item in your can/jar. The savings from each shopping trip will add up into spending money for your trip to Kansas City! And you might even lose a few pounds in the process ;) (This would work just as well if you clip coupons and keep the savings for yourself)

That'd be just about enough motivation to clip coupons..... Hmmmmmm.... :D Good idea! I think I OUGHT to really do this, and see how much money I can save!

My mom said yes!! She will watch the girls and dog!

That is wonderful news, Carla!!

We found out last night they are NOT going to total my tracker, they waived the deductable AND I get a loaner for free! Sooooo, no out of pocket cost for me - so now I can tell hubby we are meeting in SA for $2600.00 :D

Lei, good luck with the SA trip!! KC will seem like a breeze after the sticker shock of SA!!

yep, my thoughts exactly!!

Do we have a hint on what the hotel and conference room share may be??

With Conda out of town all week dealing with family issues, she hasn't had a chance to call many hotels yet.

I'm sorry ladies!! I have contacted two hotels but haven't even heard back from one. I didn't like the price of the other one but was hoping I would have negotiating power when (if) I hear from the other hotel.

I am out of town until who knows when...but should be home Saturday. (long story, but things have not went as scheduled...and there will have to be another trip....) Hopefully I can work on this the beginning of the week!!

I just put it on my calendar! Provided we are still living in the Midwest, I plan to be there! :) So excited to see the posse again and to meet a few of you I haven't met yet!

Would it be too selfish of me to hope that you are still living in the Midwest until after our meetup?? I hope I can see you again Cherise!

oh my gosh...how did I miss that you were coming Carla Yeah!! It must be the 9 pages we're up to already, lol I'll have to go back and see who else I missed

Hopefully Lei & Shannon. Possibly Amy, if she can convince Mr. Amy again this year. Maybe Pebbles will come up to meet us all too!

Archived