Midwest Meet Up-The Date Is Set!

Ok...all this Ohio meet up talk is making me crazy. (In a good way of course...lol) So, I thought we should get our next meet up on the books and in the works!!!

When we were together in April, we tentatively talked about the first weekend in October...actually September 30- October 2. Let's start the vote and see if this works for everyone.

LOCATION??? Omaha? Des Moines? Kansas City? Saint Louis? Thoughts, suggestions, comments....let us hear from you!! Volunteer(s) to plan?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would LOVE to do this...but reality says that leaving home that time of year is a BAD idea. I'll keep my eye on this one, though. Meeting Conda is on my list of things to do!

:) Meeting Kim is on my list of things to do too!!

:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I will refrain from starting a count down today....how about tomorrow? LOL

Since all the chatter about the Ohio meet up, I got to thinking about our next one too. :) Our pipe major (bagpipe band) wants to go to the St. Louis Scottish Festival that weekend but I don't know if that's a sure thing yet and I'm not real sure when I'll know. It might be as soon as we get back from the Chicago games in two weeks. I'd love to try and do it here in Omaha but with this uncertainty at the moment, I can't start the planning. If somebody else wants to nab the city, I'll do my best to get there.

I want to meet you too, Kim. :)

Hmm how far away are these places, Conda, Angie, Sandi, Amy and Pat are totally on my list too! LOL. hmmmm I am thinking thinking thinking!!!

I hope you can make it Shannon!! :)

Wonderful experience, I'm ready to go again. Not so sure DH is ready for me to leave again so soon. But by Sept. he might be :)

Unless he decides that's when we'll take our trip to the UP. Or maybe I can convince him that we go just before that & swing by on our way home. Hmmmm.......lots of possibilities! :)

I'm ready! If we had it close to KC again, I could squeeze in a couple of days with my grandkids too, but I can be flexible with the place. I'll need to make reservations in plenty of time though. Last time those last minute tickets were a little steep. I can't wait to see everyone.

Hmm how far away are these places, Conda, Angie, Sandi, Amy and Pat are totally on my list too! LOL. hmmmm I am thinking thinking thinking!!!

You might have to cut down from 5 bags to 2!!

5 bags??? You might have to leave the paper stuff at home! ;)

Wonderful experience, I'm ready to go again. Not so sure DH is ready for me to leave again so soon. But by Sept. he might be :)

Unless he decides that's when we'll take our trip to the UP. Or maybe I can convince him that we go just before that & swing by on our way home. Hmmmm.......lots of possibilities! :)

Surely by the time the meet up gets here your husband will be ok with you leaving again!

I'm ready! If we had it close to KC again, I could squeeze in a couple of days with my grandkids too, but I can be flexible with the place. I'll need to make reservations in plenty of time though. Last time those last minute tickets were a little steep. I can't wait to see everyone.

We'll get some more advance notice this time around...to give you, Amy, Shannon, Lei, Kim, Ann, and whoever else time to plan and find cheap airfare :)

Eeek, the Atlantic Fireman Parade is October 1. Normally I wouldn't think anything of it, but they may (may being the key word) honor Dad in some way, or possibly even have Mom be the Grand Marshall. They have done that in the past sometimes when a volunteer fireman has died. And knowing them, they won't decide/publicize such things until 2-4 weeks before the parade. So I'm up in the air for now if we get together that weekend.

Well, a preliminary look at my calendar shows that to be a bad weekend. Conference finals meet for cross-country and district band competition. Big days for my boy who will be a senior. Now, if it was Oct. 7 & 8.... Looks like I may have to say 'no' to this one. I'll keep watching though.

HAHAHA sounds like the whole Ohio-meetup group now has the meetup bug...they all want to crash the Midwest ;)

You've got that right Tiza -- but I'm just about as close to St. Louis as I was to Youngstown :) Would that really be a crash????

Not sure if I can make it. We are taking the family to Detroit for Christmas to be with my mom this year. So funds will be tight for both. But I'll keep an eye on this. I am due for a SG meet up!

Archived