Midwest Meet Up-The Date Is Set!

It took me twice as long to get ready for work this morning, because I kept stopping after each outfit thinking "I might want this for the meetup" so then I had to change clothes again. I should probably just pack everything tonight and get it over with, so I don't have to go through this dressing & redressing every morning or have to do laundry again this week.

Looks like we should have beautiful weather! Lots of sunshine with highs around 70, and lows in the mid-40s. :)

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me twice as long to get ready for work this morning, because I kept stopping after each outfit thinking "I might want this for the meetup" so then I had to change clothes again. I should probably just pack everything tonight and get it over with, so I don't have to go through this dressing & redressing every morning or have to do laundry again this week.

Looks like we should have beautiful weather! Lots of sunshine with highs around 70, and lows in the mid-40s. :)

W H A T???? You aren't already packed???

Okay...what happened to us? Past meetup threads we talked about desserts and junk food. Now we're talking about exercise.

LOL, Theresa. I think since most of us are doing the 30 Day Shred we're TRYING to be good. Let's say I'm being good this week leading up to our meeting. I'm not making any promises about my will power over the weekend. :)

Speaking of exercise - do we have a photo walk planned?

LOL! I want to exercise so that I CAN indulge in dessert this weekend;)

I wondered about the photo walk too...

I finally reached my friend in Platte City and we're set to do lunch nearby again. Also, I'll probably not be at the hotel to scrap until around 2:30 ish (??) I "have" to do my legs and back DVD exercise before I leave Iowa! I don't want the exercise police coming after me across state lines you know;)

I printed out my Google map and driving directions this afternoon! The high school friend I'm meeting for lunch on Friday recommended I plan on 4 1/2 hours since I can only do interstate south of St. Joe, but Google says it should only be a little over 3 1/2. I'm planning on taking my time and maybe stopping to take photos along the way.

I will be bringing a new "friend" with me to the get-together - Jeff surprised the heck out of me when a new Dell laptop arrived right before dinner last night! We are trying our best to get all the necessities of life (ha) on it in time for the weekend:)

Rental car is reserved and ready to pick up on Friday and I have the directions to the hotel written down (from Conda) - only another day and a half! So who is getting there when on Friday? Carla - you are arriving Thursday, right? Tiza - your plane arrives about noon? Pat - you're coming some time after your lunch with your friend? And Cheri - you're about 2:30 ... I'm trying to figure out when I should plan to arrive on Friday. Most of it just depends on when I can get everything ready and get the car picked up and get on the road. Looking forward to a great weekend!

Hotel is good. I'm ready for some fun. Going to go scope out the photowalk Conda has planned for some challenge and/or photo scavenger hunt ideas. Picking up Michele around 5 this afternoon, so I think when 2 or more SGs are together the meet up has officially begun. I'm hoping Cheri can stop by the hotel before lunch with friend and that Conda can come by before picking up Tiza at the airport. I'm in room 226.

The weekend is already a success... I got to have dinner with my sweet granddaughter yesterday.

Ok...let me see if I can catch up on all the questions...

Cherise-Carla gets in Friday evening 5:30. I am picking Tiza up at the airport Friday and then plan to meet Sandi and Michele for lunch (at Zona Rosa I assume) probably about 12:30. If you get to town around then, holler and we can meet up at the restaurant. Otherwise after lunch we'll be hanging out at the hotel for the afternoon. We'll be in the lobby/meeting area. (You might be able to hear us ;))

IF my morning goes well, I'll stop by the hotel to see Sandi and Michele before I pick up Tiza. :D

Pat...I wouldn't think 4 1/2 hours, but probably longer than you are used to! Maybe you will enjoy a more scenic route!

Cheri-I figured it was pretty close to your friend's house, and a straight shot down I29. Call me if we aren't in the lobby when you get there.

What questions did I miss?? I best get busy with my day...LOTS to do!!

:dancingchicken::dancingchicken2::dancingchicken::dancingchicken2::dancingchicken::dancingchicken2:

WOO HOO....Tomorrow tomorrow, I'll see you tomorrow...it's only a day away!!

I'm just meeting my friend for lunch, not bringing her along. I'll be over to the hotel as soon as we are done with lunch, I'm figuring no later than 1:30 or 2.

Cheri, can you check in as early as noon?

Conda, yes, I'm expecting it to be a scenic drive - with possible photo ops. ;)

I've got so much to do today! Argh. At least that should make the day go quickly. :)

I'm trying to get as much done today as I can that way I can leave early tomorrow (after of course my walk and such) I should be there around 1 or so. Conda I'll probably text you before I head over there to see where you all are at.

Excellent!

I'm hoping to get out of here early...I will have to do payroll, but maybe I can have most of my other work done so I can head out as soon as I get it all together.....I'm ready to get out of here... :disappearing-smilie:

ARE WE THERE YET?!?!

[quote name='PBarnes' timestamp='1317305978' post='963562'

Cheri, can you check in as early as noon?

If they have a room ready I think they'll let you/us check in early. If I get there early enough (before I need to hurry off to lunch), I plan to see if they have a room ready. If not, no big deal.

Cheri

Yup, I get in on Friday at 5:30. I just have to call the hotel for the shuttle, and they will come get me, right? I think I'm set to go. My ehd restore is just about done. I'm so glad and ready to scrap!

I'm so excited to meet everyone and see Theresa again. And, I'm very intrigued by the surprises!!

Yup, I get in on Friday at 5:30. I just have to call the hotel for the shuttle, and they will come get me, right? I think I'm set to go. My ehd restore is just about done. I'm so glad and ready to scrap!

I'm so excited to meet everyone and see Theresa again. And, I'm very intrigued by the surprises!!

YAY I'm glad your EHD restore is almost done!!

I'm going to PM you my phone number, if you want to call when you land in KC. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that Conda or Sandi would be more than willing to drive over to the airport and pick you up :)

Archived