Midwest Meet Up-The Date Is Set!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I get in on Friday at 5:30. I just have to call the hotel for the shuttle, and they will come get me, right? I think I'm set to go. My ehd restore is just about done. I'm so glad and ready to scrap!

I'm so excited to meet everyone and see Theresa again. And, I'm very intrigued by the surprises!!

Carla, you silly SG, you. Of course Conda or I will pick you up. The hotel is a mere 3.5 miles from the airport and this is a pretty small airport, so very easy to pick folks up. Heck, we may all come pick you up. I remember the first time I picked Tiza up here. Those airport moments are priceless.

Photowalk sort of loosely planned now. Dinner tomorrow night is loosely planned. The front desk knows to try to get our rooms close together if possible. And they want to know what digital scrapping is all about. Time to spread the word. There is an exercise room with 4 or 5 treadmills, but not much other workout space. There is a pool, half indoors and half out. Its supposed to cool off a bit, upper 60s-70ish days and cooler nights. Supposed to be mostly sunny. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door (I had a wonderful turkey, apple and cranberry salad for lunch today), and a Wendy's on the other side of the hotel. And a gazillion other fine dining establishments nearby. We get a free drink and snacks in the afternoon and typical hotel breakfast 6-9 a.m. Oh, and there is quiet time in the lobby....10p.m.-6a.m. I guess we'll just have to try to behave ourselves. I know it will be hard, since when are SGs quiet? I'm only an hour and a bit from picking Michele up. Let the weekend begin. Safe travels everyone!

I'm so excited, I hope I can sleep tonight! I'm looking forward to driving where I've never driven before - and of course meeting up with old friends and making some new ones. I'll probably post here just before I leave in the morning.

Yup, I get in on Friday at 5:30. I just have to call the hotel for the shuttle, and they will come get me, right? I think I'm set to go. My ehd restore is just about done. I'm so glad and ready to scrap!

I'm so excited to meet everyone and see Theresa again. And, I'm very intrigued by the surprises!!

YAY I'm glad your EHD restore is almost done!!

I'm going to PM you my phone number, if you want to call when you land in KC. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that Conda or Sandi would be more than willing to drive over to the airport and pick you up :)

Yep!! One of us will be there!! (you have my cell number right?)

I'm so excited for you all ... travel mercies on everyone .... have a great time .... TRY NOT to miss me cuz I'm not there!! *wink wink*

Travel safe everyone! I know you all are going to have a wonderful time, I too wish I was there with you all. I can't wait to see some photos and hear about your fun :)

You gals will have a blast. I just wish I could be with you on this trip, but I'm there in spirit. Have fun, take lots of photos and try to behave yourselves, if at all possible. Safe travel to everyone.

pfffft..........behave??

This meet up has officially closed. Tiza is boarding her flight back to St. Louis, Conda and Cheri and Pat are on the road home, Angie and Cherise have already gotten home, Michele and Carla are int the air, winging their way home. I'm settled in front of the TV with a good book and looking forward to the next few days with my family. Yes, it was another amazing weekend with some of the nicest, funniest, most talented women I have the privilege of knowing. Can't wait til the next time we're together, tentatively, April 27-29, 2013. Hopefully, it will be in Omaha. For anyone who even has in inkling that going to a meet up would be a worthwhile weekend, let me assure you it is. Its fun, challenging, you share and learn from each other, and its great for stress relief.

Thanks for sharing that Sandi ... glad you all had a great time .... hope those in route arrive home safely.

Well said Sandi! Thanks girls for a fabulous purpletastic weekend; can't wait for the next one! And to all who couldn't make it, I sure hope you can make the next one:)

My trip home was uneventful, unless you call me belting out the tunes eventful;) Great way to amuse myself on a long drive, lol.

This meet up has officially closed. Tiza is boarding her flight back to St. Louis, Conda and Cheri and Pat are on the road home, Angie and Cherise have already gotten home, Michele and Carla are int the air, winging their way home. I'm settled in front of the TV with a good book and looking forward to the next few days with my family. Yes, it was another amazing weekend with some of the nicest, funniest, most talented women I have the privilege of knowing. Can't wait til the next time we're together, tentatively, April 27-29, 2013. Hopefully, it will be in Omaha. For anyone who even has in inkling that going to a meet up would be a worthwhile weekend, let me assure you it is. Its fun, challenging, you share and learn from each other, and its great for stress relief.

I'm home! I had such a wonderful time this weekend.

And Sandi...I hope we dont have to wait until 2013 to meet up. I can't go THAT long without my posse ;)

I'm home and ready to crash! I've been home a bit, but just now getting to sit down and get the computer out. The girls are wound up! Despite not having a seat assignment until the last minute in KC (at the gate just before boarding!) and a delay in Cleveland for air plane repairs, it was an uneventful trip. I am so tired I can't think straight, but it was a fabulous weekend and I'm so glad I could go meet everyone! Until next meet up!

Archived