Hybrid Atc Swap

tinkerbell11

If you are a tactile person - like me - then I know you will LOVE making and receiving Hybrid ATC's! We use our digital supplies and add to them little bits of embellishments (buttons, ribbons, charms, glitter - the list is as endless as your imagination!) to decorate and add dimension to these "mini-beauties". Typically we make 9 ATC's, keep one for yourself and mail in 8, then you would receive 8 back. This may change slightly depending how many sign up. (*NOTE*: we typically average between 10 and 12 participants so you could be making as many as 13 cards*)

Sign Up: If you want to join the swap, please sign up below. I'll send you a private message with my mailing address and add your name to the list in post #2. The first 8 people who respond in this thread are in the swap. I'll be the 9th person. If more than 9 sign up I have a couple of back-up plans (making additional groups or making a few extra cards – see *NOTE* above) as long as you meet the sign-up deadline. Sign-up deadline for this round is 11:00 PM June 25th!

Once we determine the amount of cards to make in the group, you have 30 days to make and mail your cards to me. I would like to receive them on or before July 27th. This gives me a little cushion in case the postal services cause us some issues. (Word of advice – don't wait until one week before mailing, you don't want to put undo pressure on yourself.)

Mailing: Please include a self addressed return envelope big enough to hold your ATC's for the return trip and loose US postage stamps in the amount you used to mail it to me plus a couple of extra in case some are heavier for the return trip. I'll send back any unused postage.

Mailing Tips: We have found that the best way to mail ATC's is in this format: buy baseball trading card page holders. These are 8 1/2" x 11" pages with 9 pockets in them. If you put your 8 ATC's in the pockets and your loose postage in the last pocket they will travel well. Then, you can fold up the page in thirds and it fits in a legal sized envelope. This saves on postage costs and they arrive safe and sound. (Don't forget that self-addressed return envelope!) You may want to tape the envelope closed to assure it doesn't come open. Always include your return address just in case. When your swap comes back to you, add your ATC to the remaining holder and now you have a sheet of ATC's to add to your ATC binder or start a new ATC binder.

The theme for this swap is "Mother Nature". Our Hybrid ATC Chat is scheduled for Tuesday August 8th, Lei and I as your hosts. It is our goal to have these ATC's back to you before chat night. This can happen if everyone honors the deadlines to the best of their abilities.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me! I'm excited to see the creative Nature related cards you talented ladies send!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if I signed up for this or not. But consider this my sign up. I'm in for the next round. Hopefully everything will go okay.

Thanks for all of your help Shannon.

Hey, I was just browsing in the boutique to get some ideas on how I'm going to make my hybrid ATC for this round, and there are some amazing products and sample layouts to glean ideas from! I simply typed in "Nature" (with quotes) in the Boutique search and came up with quite a bit of collections and brushes! You might want to check it out to get your creative juices perculating!

Here is just a sampling:

Botanica Collection

Brush Set: Naturescape

Nature's Palette Paper Biggie

Naturescape Collection Biggie

Watercolor Nature Collection

Feathered Friends Collection

Naturalist's Journal Collection Biggie

Hey, I was just browsing in the boutique to get some ideas on how I'm going to make my hybrid ATC for this round, and there are some amazing products and sample layouts to glean ideas from! I simply typed in "Nature" (with quotes) in the Boutique search and came up with quite a bit of collections and brushes! You might want to check it out to get your creative juices perculating!

Here is just a sampling:

Botanica Collection

Brush Set: Naturescape

Nature's Palette Paper Biggie

Naturescape Collection Biggie

Watercolor Nature Collection

Feathered Friends Collection

Naturalist's Journal Collection Biggie

THANK YOU, Lei! That was my next move this morning and you've done it for us! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I just came up with a fun idea for my ATC card for the swap.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Not fair that your creative juices are already running, Carol! :) :) I'm in such a slump!

I only had the Naturescape paper. Looks like I need to go shopping!

Today just might be a goooooood day to go shopping! I have a couple of the ones Lei mentioned but I'm still thinking here............. :hit-head-with-hammer:

I might regret this when I glue something to my desk or Noelle steals my ribbons or I get a paper cut...

but sign me up for the swap.

I mean it, you all are a bad influence on me. I think I give in to peer pressure too easily :giggle_bear:

Are we supposed to make cards with sentiments to the cards? Also, what size should the card be?

These are Artist Trading Cards, not greeting cards, so there is no sentiment needed. The completed ATCs are 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches, and you can make them just one-sided if you wish. You can see some examples here: Hybrid ATC Gallery The first post in this thread has the basic information you need; if you have other questions, just ask. HTH :)

Are we supposed to make cards with sentiments to the cards? Also, what size should the card be?

HI Bess

The Cards are 2.5 x 3.5 either horizontal or vertical! You can include a sentiment if you choose, the theme is "Mother Nature" so you can basically do whatever you like Nature Related!!! We do usually number them #1 of 12 (however many we do) and include our names on the back also.

I might regret this when I glue something to my desk or Noelle steals my ribbons or I get a paper cut...

I mean it, you all are a bad influence on me. I think I give in to peer pressure too easily :giggle_bear:

YAY Tiza! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Oh my stars ... I think I fainted, fell off me chair ... and see stars!! TIZA! YippeeSkippee!!

Archived