Flip Pal Easy Stitch

Becster

Does anyone have any tips for me? I successfully stitched together two images and it displays just fine, but I can't save it or copy it. I was finally able to open it by using 'right click -> open with' but it locked up PSE9 and my entire computer.

The help file that comes with the Scanner says that it automatically saves the stitched image to the original directory, but mine doesn't.

I'm running Windows Vista, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

All right. I upgraded the software and ran it again, and it still can't find the image nor can I save it. Blurg.

Edit: I've contacted customer support, I'll let you know what they say. Thanks!

Thanks Tiza, the stitched image isn't showing up on the sd card. :(

This IS curious, Becky - I use a Mac and downloaded the Mac version and I run it from my hard drive - haven't run into any problems yet. I will be anxious to see what tech support has to say.

I haven't tried it from the hard drive, I'll do that next. I heard back from support and they are thinking that it might be a problem with the SD card. They suggested that I reformat it and then re-install the software. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Update: It works from the hard drive! I'm going to reformat the card like support suggested and try it again from there. Thanks everyone!

Update #2 No dice. The reformat went fine, the new, clean software works fine, but the image still won't save to the SD card. Also? Charlie at customer support is such a sweetheart! And I gave us another plug when I mentioned the tips I'd received here. :lol:

I haven't tried it from the hard drive, I'll do that next. I heard back from support and they are thinking that it might be a problem with the SD card. They suggested that I reformat it and then re-install the software. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Update: It works from the hard drive! I'm going to reformat the card like support suggested and try it again from there. Thanks everyone!

Update #2 No dice. The reformat went fine, the new, clean software works fine, but the image still won't save to the SD card. Also? Charlie at customer support is such a sweetheart! And I gave us another plug when I mentioned the tips I'd received here. :lol:

Oh, Charlie IS so sweet! Did you feel as if you had known him forever while talking to him, Becky? LOL I did. He's so helpful and nice. I tried so hard to get him to give us all a discount since so many members were buying the Flip-Pal! Did I tell you he even looked at Scrap Girls site? Too fun!

Glad it's working from your hard drive - that's the way I use it.....but I don't understand why it won't save to the SD card.....I'll play around with mine later and see if I can come up with an idea for you.

Problem solved! It was my anti-virus blocking me from running a program from the SD card. :-) Once I 'allowed' it for that program and told it to 'remember' it, it works fine! I only discovered it when I was running one more check for him and all of a sudden a popup I'd never seen before appeared.

And yes, he's great! We've only emailed, but I was wondering if it was the same person you'd worked with. One of his emails was so sweet I think I might save it for a rainy day! *g*

It's always a pleasure to work with someone computer savvy like yourself, sure saves time! :-)

*blush* *g*

Problem solved! It was my anti-virus blocking me from running a program from the SD card. :-) Once I 'allowed' it for that program and told it to 'remember' it, it works fine! I only discovered it when I was running one more check for him and all of a sudden a popup I'd never seen before appeared.

And yes, he's great! We've only emailed, but I was wondering if it was the same person you'd worked with. One of his emails was so sweet I think I might save it for a rainy day! *g*

It's always a pleasure to work with someone computer savvy like yourself, sure saves time! :-)

*blush* *g*

Oh, I'm so happy you figured it out, Becky! I'm only savvy when it comes to my Mac - I'm so glad that it was as simple as it was for you to rectify it. These things can make us craaaaaazzzzzzzy, huh?!!

He is great - Talking to him is honesty like talking to an old friend and when i called him for the second time when Marilyn was looking to buy her Flip-Pal, he actually remembered me! I was so surprised! Now, I thought that was pretty special! Of course, how could he forget - I plumb near talked his ear off! LOL LOL

You're a sweetie! :) :) :)

Archived