The Danger Of Being Unorganized....

tiza126

I have not seen this thread before now and you ladies all crack me up!

Like April, I have added up what I spent in a year, and like April, I won't be doing that again either!

My DH has no idea how much stuff the line of EHD's behind my computer holds....or the two behind those that back them up!

There are times when my housework suffers because I would rather be here, but I learned a long time ago that my housework will never be done, and if I wait till the house is clean the way I like it, I will never get anything else done!

And, I will gladly sacrifice sleep when I am inspired. Or need to fix that one last little detail. And, I never turn in an assignment without sleeping on it first.

Picasa eliminates my need to organize anything. I just file collections in a big folder by designer initials, then I have SS papers together, ss embs together, brushes together, etc. Picasa does the rest.

And the rest is history! I love Scrap Girls, the friends I have made here, I have learned so much and it has unleashed a creative outlet that I looked for for many years.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love organizing and looking at my stuff. Its my stress reliever. IF it is all organized and tucked into its folders I cannot relax, so I must collect more new things to unzip and tag and sort and rearrange. Its the only way I can manage the stress in my life.

Hi, I'm Candy and I have a scrapbook addiction. I can be found in a dirty house,skipping meals to stare deeply into the eyes of my true love,Senor PSCS.

I love organizing and looking at my stuff. Its my stress reliever. IF it is all organized and tucked into its folders I cannot relax, so I must collect more new things to unzip and tag and sort and rearrange. Its the only way I can manage the stress in my life.

Hi, I'm Candy and I have a scrapbook addiction. I can be found in a dirty house,skipping meals to stare deeply into the eyes of my true love,Senor PSCS.

:rofl: That's really funny Candy! (As one addict to another! :) )

I'm Barbara, and I have the same addiction as Candy. I love organizing and rearranging, or just puttering with and playing with supplies about as much as I like scrapping with them.

I also love to "shop all the aisles" at the hardware store, and even more so, the office supply store. We didn't have much money when I was young--am I making up for deprivation? Or just avoiding housework? ;)

Well, I WAS completely organized, sorted, key worded, rated, color coded and matched, before the crash......Now I am one big unorganized mess! I have no idea what is in each folder so I just search! I am in the process of getting back to the neatness that I love so much! I am an addict, I admit it, even though I had to step away for a while! As soon as I get my drawing sketches out of my scrapbook supplies, I think I will have a handle on it. Til Then, you may see a sketch end up on a digital scrapbook page! But its art, subjective, and no, I don't need a 12 step program, it would just clutter me up more and take time away from what I really want to be doing! Addiction is like cherry cheesecake! And I LOVE Cherry Cheesecake!

This is so great ladies. I can fit in that category of being completely unorganized, digital scrapbooking stuff all over the computer. I've tried, and some of it's organized a little bit, but I definitely could use some good organizational skills and purging.

ROTFL!! Love it!! Are you going to send the lovely Senor a Valentine's card this year? You can use him to make it you know! :giggle_bear: (and yes, I realize how lame a joke that is;)

I know this thread is over 7 months old, (well, started over 7 months ago, lol.) but it gave me a much needed giggle today, as I can *completely* sympathize/empathize, etc. :D Those who are not interested in digital scrapbooking would not understand, but we completely get it! :)

I did back up my files onto a new EHD, all nice and neat, but I have yet to "organize" them, and hate to think how long that would even take! :o

• 3 months later...

:giggle_bear: I love this thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a supply hoarding problem.

Scrapbook Hoaders...all I keep picturing is a bunch of little EHDs lined up behind a computer! At least this addiction doesn't need to be fed or take up too much space!

___

Lined up on the desk?? No no, I have three EHD's velcroed to the back of my laptop...and one under the desk! It's a strange looking laptop!:lol: my laptop weighs a ton!

I'm Barbara, and I have the same addiction as Candy. I love organizing and rearranging, or just puttering with and playing with supplies about as much as I like scrapping with them.

I also love to "shop all the aisles" at the hardware store, and even more so, the office supply store. We didn't have much money when I was young--am I making up for deprivation? Or just avoiding housework? ;)

__ Exactly! metoo

Well, I've decided to just stay in denial - it's more fun to wonder!

That's for sure! Some would say I'm obsessed, but I prefer to say I'm 'faithfully focused'.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

(Some would say I'm obsessed, but I prefer to say I'm 'faithfully focused'.) Yup, I agree, I'm faithfully focused.rolleyes.gif

I love it - "Faithfully Focused"!!!

I got a really good chuckle from this thread. For one (very) brief moment, I toyed with the idea of counting how much of each supply I have (kits, brushes, etc). Then I decided I am NOT that curious and that sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

I always feel better finding out I'm not the only one that's so "faithfully focused"!

This thread popped up in a timely way today. I'm working on a LO and there's an older collection that has things that will be perfect....but where is that collection? Only the stuff I've purchased in the last year or so is on my computer and I have 3 EHDs, plus my backup EHD but nothing is organized on any of them. There's a little organization on the laptop, but it only goes so far. And I've never had much luck with Picasa, I guess I just don't know how to tell it to do what I want it to do. Oh well, off I go in search of that elusive collection I want to use.

Hello and my name is Marylou and I am a digital scrapbook addict.

I agree Gayle, sometimes I feel more like a collector than a scrapper!

And no, absolutely no, never ever, am I going to add up my stash or the money I have spent, lol! In the last Mess or Masterpiece Ro had us count down around 40 folders and I was still in the A's (and that only includes my Scrapgirls stuff!)

I love that you were still in the A's, Marylou! LOL!

• 1 month later...

Time to revive this thread again! I've been looking through my 100's of collections !!!! and found some that were hiding in folders of other collections. Wow! Like getting new ones. I wonder if they get mixed up when you copy everything over to an EHD or some other storage.

But, I still have want a list going on.:lol:

I am pretty organized with my stuff. All non-digital photos have been scanned and burned to DVD's and those are organized in DVD boxes by category ie: Kevin (son), camping, vacations, Current family, older family etc. All digital photos are burned to DVD's as well. My digital kits are organized in my Applications folder under the Software I use by categories, like Travel, Camping, Christmas, each Season and I have a very large "every day" folder which has just under 100 kits. So I guess that could use some organizing LOL

I save all my pages to my desktop and external hard drive and print them out when I have the page they final way I want it (I print my own) and put it in a scrap book album. When I have enough for a DVD I burn 2 copies. Staying on top of it is crucial or else I would "lose" things in my computer.

I'm afraid my addiction more closely resembles collecting digital scrapbooking supplies than actual scrapping...

:(

I'm in the same state as Gayle.

Hello, my name is Michele and I have a digital scrapbooking supply collecting addiction.

• 2 weeks later...

While I've been feeling under the weather, I began sorting and organizing supplies and photos. I've always faithfully put my scrap downloads on DVD's so I have a lot! Then I put then on two EHDS. Now my laptop doesn't want to read the DVD's!!!! It's pretty hopeless, my being organized, I'm afraid.

It's not really hopeless. It sounds as if you're doing the right thing by backing up immediately when you purchase. Remember how to eat the elephant - one bite at a time. We all have many elephants in our lives!

Archived