The Danger Of Being Unorganized....

tiza126

I'm more like Gayle and Marylou. I have many kits (probably not as many as Tiza), and I rarely find the time to scrap a layout. I haven't done one in I don't know how long. I have great intentions and take a lot of photos, but never find the time. I have made some books that went over great, but need more time in the day.

Karen

See I haven't even made my signature that I was going to update after the big change.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You girls crack me up! I think this should be in the Funnies thread. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

And no, I am not an addict (denial stage???). There's no way that I could be...my stash is big, but no where near the magnitude you girls are confessing. :disappearing-smilie:

You girls crack me up! I think this should be in the Funnies thread. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

And no, I am not an addict (denial stage???). There's no way that I could be...my stash is big, but no where near the magnitude you girls are confessing. :disappearing-smilie:

See, this gives you a goal to strive for! :)

Let's look at this rather like an eating issue - we can't stop eating and live, we just have to make wise choices. Not eating is not a choice. We shouldn't have to stop collecting and scrapping, either. As long as we're not spending ourselves into debt (which is a different addiction) or neglecting our family or other responsibilities, it's not a true addiction. Scrapping can be a beautiful way to explore our beliefs, capture precious memories, practice self care, explore our creative potential, and create beautiful and meaningful art and gifts.

Addiction is when it supplants normal life activities involving relationships, self care, and responsibilities and every other activity in life is to support the addiction.

So for step 4 (personal inventory), let's count all the wonderful ways this hobbie has enriched our lives!

Let's look at this rather like an eating issue - we can't stop eating and live, we just have to make wise choices. Not eating is not a choice. We shouldn't have to stop collecting and scrapping, either. As long as we're not spending ourselves into debt (which is a different addiction) or neglecting our family or other responsibilities, it's not a true addiction. Scrapping can be a beautiful way to explore our beliefs, capture precious memories, practice self care, explore our creative potential, and create beautiful and meaningful art and gifts.

Addiction is when it supplants normal life activities involving relationships, self care, and responsibilities and every other activity in life is to support the addiction.

So for step 4 (personal inventory), let's count all the wonderful ways this hobbie has enriched our lives!

Step 4: (who cares that I haven't done all of steps 1-3;) One way it has enriched my life is by expanding my friends, both IRL and online. I'd say a good 75% of my friends IRL were met through scrapbooking. yes, really! Actually, maybe more than 75%.

Well, I've decided to just stay in denial - it's more fun to wonder!

That's for sure! Some would say I'm obsessed, but I prefer to say I'm 'faithfully focused'.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

My name is Barbara, and I'm a digital scrapbooking supply addict.

I'm also an organizing addict. I LOVE playing with my supplies, sorting one set into collections of products, and another into Embellishments, flower, brads & buttons, etc.

But I figure every layout I get done is a gift now or eventually for my family. And it doesn't contribute to the mess in my house (except for time I won't spend cleaning! :D )

I love my toys, and I love my friends here. I could do a lot worse with my entertainment budget!

:giggle_bear: I love this thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a supply hoarding problem.

Scrapbook Hoaders...all I keep picturing is a bunch of little EHDs lined up behind a computer! At least this addiction doesn't need to be fed or take up too much space!

Well, I've decided to just stay in denial - it's more fun to wonder!

That's for sure! Some would say I'm obsessed, but I prefer to say I'm 'faithfully focused'.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi, my name is Jo, and I'm a scrapbooking addict - digital AND paper. But both stashes are fairly well organized. To make things worse, I'm also an enabler. I've hooked my DD and I'm working on my niece, whose first baby is due at the end of summer. Yesterday I was at a scrapbooking convention - paper - and told quite a few attendees about the joys of digiscrapping or hybrid layouts. And, of course, I mentioned my supplier . . . I think I need more than twelve steps. Or we could all just accept our scrapping as our contribution to our families and friends and the future.

Oh dear! It has come to the "honesty" level... the ADMISSION level. FACE IT and BRACE IT level.

I have NO IDEA how many kits I have purchased. I don't want to count them. I was club member for

several years for both clubs. SOME I HAVE NEVER UNZIPPED!

Yes, I have an addiction... thankfully.

Don't even WANT to know the cost and price for all this fun and family! :D

[belle, you have an addiction to swirls!]

That's PART of my story and the REST remains to be discovered!

(BTW, recently passed my FOUR YEAR anniversary here... gotta be more kits than I can count!)

Sadly, since posting this thread, I am still a long way away from getting all my supplies organized. After separating out the templates & brushes, I stopped. And today I almost threw everything back into one large folder because I felt lost LOL

Oh dear! It has come to the "honesty" level... the ADMISSION level. FACE IT and BRACE IT level.

I have NO IDEA how many kits I have purchased. I don't want to count them. I was club member for

several years for both clubs. SOME I HAVE NEVER UNZIPPED!

Yes, I have an addiction... thankfully.

Don't even WANT to know the cost and price for all this fun and family! :D

[belle, you have an addiction to swirls!]

That's PART of my story and the REST remains to be discovered!

(BTW, recently passed my FOUR YEAR anniversary here... gotta be more kits than I can count!)

Oops, don't tell a soul though. Just our little secret....

I started trying to catch up in Picasa yesterday, but I got so frustrated organizing that I stopped - I really want to be organized - I've just let it get away from me for so long and there's so much to do! I'd rather use the collections than organize them!

I am right there with you guys. I spent over a year organizing all my supplies and then guess who had a hard drive crash and lost all the organized files?! (Good thing I still had all the zips.) So now I've grudgingly started to reorganize a little bit but I have thousands of files and it takes a long time when you have so many. Usually I just search the store and then unzip stuff as I need it. One day I will tackle this huge job again!

I added up how much I spent at SG once... that was a few years ago and I won't be doing it again. My husband has no idea how much I spend on supplies, but he does see how the space on my scrapbook drive is filling up. (I tell him the psd files from all the layouts are way bigger than the product files.) He is a very tolerant man. Really though, he knows I wouldn't spend more than we can afford.

I like to organize almost as much as I like to scrap. :)

My husband's hobby -- Warhammer and other role playing games -- is more expensive than mine, so he doesn't complain. :)

(Of course, I'm leaving out the fact that I'm also an aspiring photographer who bought my first DSLR last June and my first iMac last month. wink.gif But DH was the one who said I should get the largest screen. I did not argue. laugh.gif

I shudder to think how much I've spent, but remembering this wonderful community is a byproduct of a great business, I'm happy to support our wonderful designers and Scrapgirls staffers. Share and share alike, I guess.

Yes, that's right--I'm using the philanthropic angle to justify my addiction! :giggle_bear:

Honestly, DH is a fossil hound, but spends more time and money collecting online than in the field these days--a mixed blessing. I have a feeling if we added up the $$, I'd still be wayyyyyy behind him.

When he did ask me about it in May, I took him to the greeting card aisle of our local supermarket and added up what we would spend on Mother's Day cards alone (which I scrapped! yeah!) He became fully committment to my industry, provided I give up commercial greeting cards forever.

Bottom line--I support Ro and Scrapgirls, not Hallmark!

I am not sure what I have spent, but I know it's more than I want to know about. LOL Still, there is no way it's anywhere close to the thousands we have spent on my husband's hobbies of woodworking & the Mustang he's (STILL) restoring. :)

I'm like some of the others. I actually had previously organized everything by designer, but then wanted to organize with Ro's system so that I could find other types of things that I may not see when looking at collections. That was alright, but then there were times that I did want to look at other things in the collection, so I started switching things back (a little modified, not by designer as much as by club collections, biggies, minis, etc.) Also, it's easier when I purchase new things, just to keep it in its collection. I'm actually still reorganizing and got sidetracked by scrapping. But I find Adobe Bridge is really good for seeing everything you have, you can even tell it to show everything in subfolders. So you're kind of seeing everything at once. I need to be better at tagging, though. That will help me find what I'm looking for more easily. As for addicted, I will agree with Smiles, that as long as it's not taking away from the things I should be doing, it's not a bad thing. It's a great hobby I plan to keep up with for a long time! (Sorry for the long post)

• 7 months later...

I'm afraid my addiction more closely resembles collecting digital scrapbooking supplies than actual scrapping...

:(

I'm afraid I am also in the same situation! Didn't realize it until I learned enough to actually try doing a layout.

Archived