Slitting Up Collections?

Trying to organize my supplies, and running into some interesting ideas. I see lots of posts recommending not to split up collections--whooops! I have all my stuff divided into folders and subfolders. When I want a specific collection, I do a search of my folder with the particular collection name, and it turns up all the parts in all the various subfolders.

I am thinking about jumping to Picasa, but... I'm terrified of change.

Thoughts?

That's pretty much what I do too, Jaymee........mine are all in a download folder but if I just want to look at things, then I do go to my Picassa - I can search in either by name, color, title....whatever I choose. In my download folder I have to "open" each item up, so I usually have a look at things in Picasa first.

HTH - and I do love Picasa!

Picasa just searches the folders you select for the type of items you choose. You can use it to actually move items from one folder to another, but imho it is better to use it just for searching and sorting not for rearranging folders. (For one thing, it is easier to do it in other ways.)

Since Picasa is free, you can try it without risk. Just download it, and choose the folders you keep your supplies in. Be sure to go to options and choose all the file types too.

I love Picasa. Ever since I learned about it at the 09 convention, I have ditched ACDSee and have never looked back. I'm better at clustering my elements as a result! LOL! I don't tag anymore and I leave my collections whole, and I love it. There is an entire thread on Picasa HERE. Check it out. Like ML said it's free, so you can't lose anything for trying it out. Just remember that Picasa links your stuff, it doesn't duplicate anything. It's a little desktop photo search engine and it's fabulous.

I love Picasa too! I'll probably be upgrading to Windows 7 sometime this year and I will give Live Gallery a try again. I've tried it in Vista but I couldn't get the hang of it. I found Picasa easier to use.

Archived