Question About Selections...

Pab

I was wondering if there is anyway to make a selection then with leaving that selection where it is make another by somehow copying the first one made? Ex. I am using the BMU_SSEmb_CrochetedFrames_DelicatePearls.png. I want to colorize the pearls a different color than the crochet part. So I would like to select each pearl but hate to have spend the time to individually select each one. Any ideas?

If you click on the little icons up at the top, one of them is "add to" so you can "add to" your selection by increasing the selection boundary. I"m not sure if that's what you're asking though. If you're trying to fill, you could add a layer every time you increase the boundary size, then just put your layers in the appropriate order to see what you want to see when you are all done. I hope that makes sense. Oh - this is for CS4. I'm not sure what program you're using.

Patsy, those pearls are separated from the frame already. Just add a blank layer on top of the pearls, clip it by hitting control G (for PSE) then change the blending mode to color or overlay. The with a brush, just color over each pearl like you want. I hope that makes sense. Let me know!

Patsy, those pearls are separated from the frame already. Just add a blank layer on top of the pearls, clip it by hitting control G (for PSE) then change the blending mode to color or overlay. The with a brush, just color over each pearl like you want. I hope that makes sense. Let me know!

Paint over each pearl... I never knew! (Even though it's probably been told/explained a million times.) Thanks Brandy, and thanks for asking this great question, Patsy!

Brandy, I only have the png file, so it's just one layer. These were some of my very first pieces I bought, so if they originally had psds I must have lost them along the way.... I am going to get my backup cd out and check it. I did save the original files from where I purchased them...

If you click on the little icons up at the top, one of them is "add to" so you can "add to" your selection by increasing the selection boundary. I"m not sure if that's what you're asking though. If you're trying to fill, you could add a layer every time you increase the boundary size, then just put your layers in the appropriate order to see what you want to see when you are all done. I hope that makes sense. Oh - this is for CS4. I'm not sure what program you're using.

Thanks but it's for PSE... I do know about those icons though. I even know how to select one pearl then using the add to icon while holding down space bar so I can position the next selection over the next pearl exactly right. I guess I was just hunting for the quickest way without having to select EACH pearl individually (there's 28 on this frame). Brandy's way is of course the quickest if I had the psd file. But I just have the png.

Patsy, could you not use the magic wand and with contiguous checked, click the add to selection icon, then just click once on each pearl, (this will put marching ants around each one) then use hue/saturation to color them all at once? Or am I not understanding what you want to do? :)

Oh yes I should have known I could just email Angie. I was honestly thinking it had been too long, but I should have figured I could still get it with the customer service being so great around here!! lol

Theresa, I tried that but since the png item is a SS product there's alot of the same color all over the image, both pearls and frame underneath are basically all gray. Except for the highlighted area on the pearls, those are white.... But thanks anyway....

I didn't have to send an email at all. I looked on my EHD and still had it all on there, so I didn't even have to go hunt up the cd I have somewhere. lol So all I found was one PSD file for the frames. I am assuming that was all there was since the other frames are just one layer anyway. Is that correct Brandy? I am just glad I found the PSD, so I can recolor my pearls quickly and easily!!

Paint over each pearl... I never knew! (Even though it's probably been told/explained a million times.) Thanks Brandy, and thanks for asking this great question, Patsy!

Yea, even though I am leaving all the pearls one color in this LO, I am thrilled to learn how to recolor each one if I did want them different. I never thought about doing it this way either! I love learning around here...

Archived