July 2011 Forum Game - Summer Scavenger Hunt!

tiza126

Dust off those thinking caps and hunting boots! We're having a Summer Scavenger Hunt, and you're invited!

Each Monday through Saturday during the month of July, a member of the Welcoming Committee will post a clue here in the official game thread. The clue will describe a product from the Scrap Girls Boutique. To participate, search the Boutique for the product and post a link to the product page in the official game thread.

Example clue: I change by the minute

Example guess: Jen Reed's Flip Alpha Mini -

If nobody guesses the product correctly on the first day, a second clue will be given the following day. One clue per day, until the product is correctly guessed.

But wait, there's more! In a new twist to the scavenger hunt game, on certain days you will be sent to the Scrap Girls Gallery to look for layouts using specific products or collections. You will then be instructed to leave a comment on the layout and post a link to your layout comment in the official game thread.

Example: Jen's Flip Alpha is used in this layout:
and I was comment #2

The game will alternate between product hunts and boutique hunts, so keep following the thread to know where to search!! Clues & instructions will be given in large purple font, for easy recognition.

Three winners will be drawn from all the members who correctly identify a product or find Gallery layouts throughout the month. Each winner will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: Good luck in your search!

Additional rules:

1) Each person is allowed one guess per day, so make it a good one. If you guess incorrectly, you may try again after the next clue is given

2) Once you correctly identify three products during the month, we ask that you please sit out for the rest of the boutique hunting. But you are still encouraged to search for the layouts and participate in that part of the game.

3) During the gallery layout hunting days, layouts may not be repeated. If you notice someone has already left a comment that day, please try and find another layout in the gallery. (This ensures that we are spreading the love to many layouts, and not just waiting for the first person to post a layout so the rest of us can just follow them.)

4) The day after a gallery hunt, we will begin the next product hunt. Once the next product clue is given, you may not continue finding layouts for the previous products.

If you have any questions, please ask! Good luck and have fun!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not good at these scavenger hunts, so I'll sit this one out. But I'll be cheering from the sidelines for all of you brave souls that are doing this hunt. Good Luck!

I'm not good at these scavenger hunts, so I'll sit this one out. But I'll be cheering from the sidelines for all of you brave souls that are doing this hunt. Good Luck!

Awww give it a try Carol!! :)

Since the correct product was guessed yesterday....that means today is your first GALLERY HUNT DAY!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Yesterday's correct answer was: B. Sweet Cakes Embellishments

Today you need to search the gallery for layouts using the B.Sweet Cakes Embellishments, leave a comment on the layout, and post a link to it here in this thread

Things to remember:

You are limited to one layout comment per person.

Please do not use the same layout as the person before you - if you see a comment on the layout from today, try to find a different layout!

You have all of today to find layouts & leave a comment - the deadline for comments will be when the next clue is posted on Monday.

Archived