Can I Use These Amazing Collections With My Serif Craft Artist?

Hi Girls,

Just loving these wonderful collections.

I am based in the UK which unfortunatley is some what behind the US with Scrapbooking but it is slowly getting there.

I have purchased some software from Serir called 'Craft Artist Platium Addition'. The digikits are good, but not nearly as good as these on this site.

Do you know if these layouts can be incorporated in in to this software so I can use my current ones and any new I purchase from Scrap girls?

I would so like to start producing pages as good as you all do here.

Cheers

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us!

I'm not familiar with your program, but the key with these programs seems to be if the files are a proprietary type (they'll have an odd file extension). If they can only be opened in the program, that's a clue. Sometimes, though, those programs will allow you to import clipart or you own photos, and that's how you can use Scrap Girls embellishments and WordArt. I have never tried it with papers.

I hope someone familiar with your program will come along and offer better suggestions.

If your program saves files as jpegs or psds, you should be able to play with all the Scrap Girls products.

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

I am unfamiliar with that software, but I looked it up online. According to their web support page, you should be able to use third-party images:

Personal/3rd party kits:

To use your own or 3rd party graphics, you need to import them by using the Photos tab on the left of the sidebar on your layout screen. Click on 'add' and in the new window that opens, scroll to the folder(s) where you keep your files and select the ones you wish to use.

You may add as many or few as you like, however, they will not be stored permanently in DSA. If you open a new scrapbook you will have to add your images each time.

As long as the file supports .JPG images (our background papers are in this format) and .PNG images (our embellishments, word art, and alphas), you should be able to use them.

What I would suggest is this: Read our newsletters and download the freebies that are included. You can also download the FREE collection (Scrap Girls A Narrative Collection) from the boutique. You can also access all of our currently available freebies here: http://store.scrapgirls.com/category/21/Freebies

Play around with these in your software and see if they load and work correctly. If so, then feel free to shop all you want! :)

Hope that helps!!

Welcome! It certainly looks like you can get started with it. It looks like materials imported for a scrapbook are available throughout THAT scrapbook, but not for others.

From the Serif Craft Artist support pages:

Personal/3rd party kits:

To use your own or 3rd party graphics, you need to import them by using the Photos tab on the left of the sidebar on your layout screen. Click on 'add' and in the new window that opens, scroll to the folder(s) where you keep your files and select the ones you wish to use.

You may add as many or few as you like, however, they will not be stored permanently in DSA. If you open a new scrapbook you will have to add your images each time.

Doesn't sound terrible to me. Hope it works for you, and again, welcome!

Thanks to you all, I will certainly try the suggestions and get back to you.........I can see that this could be a very expensive weekend..... if it works I will scrap a layout of the village fete being held tonmorrow... thanks again!!

Can you get the Adobe PSE? Depending on your pocket book, that one is a great one to have. It does so much, unless you become a professional designer or something, you would never out grow it.

Hi Girls ,

It worked!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

I have been scrapping all weekend... and still haven't done the housework...

I downloaded the free collection to practice on, and other than needing to 'unzip' and resave the images when they arrive, it works almost like my other application. The images come in via the task bar option 'photo' rather than the options on the left handside, and you can't save them as you can with the Craft Artist digikits... but you can resize, recolour, cut, stencil etc etc and I can combine with my other Craft Artist digikits.... brilliant!!!!

The only thing I still need to figure out is how to 'snap' a photo into a frame... when I find out I will let you know....

Just need to get shopping now.. I want them all .....but I will start with the geneology collections, oh..... and the travel, not forgetting the cat collections... oh dear....better buy an extra ticket for the lottery this week!! I think I also need to book a week off work as well......

Thanks again.. I am so pleased...

Cheers

So is this good news or bad news that it worked? Good that you can use our products, but bad that you will be spending a fortune getting all the products you want? I have that same problem ;)

Have fun scrapping!!

I have been scrapping all weekend... and still haven't done the housework...

And so it begins.... lol!

Welcome to ScrapGirls!

That's okay - my house has suffered for years now because of scrapping! LOL

Archived