Picasa On Laptop And Desktop

sanot

HELP! I just got a laptop, and am trying to figure out how to scrap on both the new laptop and the old desktop that I've been using. I'm trying to move all my photos and supplies to the EHD so I can go between DT and LT. I downloaded Picasa on both computers. I understand Picasa on each machine will run independently from each other, so does that mean all of the time I spend with recognizing faces/creating tags on the desktop won't transfer to the laptop when I plug the EHD into the laptop and run Picasa on it? Help me to understand...I don't want to do twice the work on a program I'm not even sure I'm going to use.

How do I keep all the changes the same between the two computers and the EHD? Sync? How do I do that?

Amy

I sent you a detailed pm a little bit ago that should help with some of this. I'm not sure what you mean by keeping the changes? If you save files or LO's on your EHD it just works as a seperate drive. All your files should be unchanged when you switch the EHD from one computer to the other. You won't have any need to sync your files if you are using one EHD between the two computers.

If you add files on say the DT, when you plug into the LT, Picasa will run and find the things you added automatically if you have it set to "Scan Always" that particular folder. Picasa will remember what was there the last time you had the EHD plugged into that computer and just update. Does that make sense?

Does Picasa put something in the actual file that will make it recognize tags she made on the desktop when she plugs the EHD into the laptop and runs that Picasa application, though?

Does Picasa put something in the actual file that will make it recognize tags she made on the desktop when she plugs the EHD into the laptop and runs that Picasa application, though?

It should. Mine does. I use a Mac though and it could be different.

Archived