What Are You Reading Right Now?

Lisanne

There seems to be many readers on this site and I thought it would be fun to find out what everyone is reading. We could get an idea of each others reading tastes, and maybe get some recommendations for future reads.

These days I usually have a fiction and a non-fiction going at the same time. Right now I am reading One For the Money, by Janet Evanovich, and You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise L. Hay. Both were recommended from the ScrapGirls community.

Just started reading both, but so far...

One For the Money is a light, quick, and very funny read.

You Can Heal Your Life is uplifting and all about loving yourself and getting the negatives out of your life.

I will share more about them when I finish.

So, what are you reading?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I"m reading "Half Broke Horses", a /true Life novel about a young girl in the early century and her trials and tribulations and thoughts along the way. It's pretty interesting. I'm only about a quarter of the way through right now. I am enjoying it.

I have read the whole series of the Janet Evanovich 'Number' series. Sometimes when I read at night in bed, I wake Henry up the way I laugh. I just love the characters. I also love the 'In Death' series of J D Robb. (Nora Roberts)

I only read light books. Hate heavy stuff. Life is hard enough without having to read real life stories about other peoples troubles. I suffer from 'Ostrich Syndrome' I don't wanna know. I switch off the TV whenever anything too horrible comes on. Sorry I'm rambling. Love light reading.

I just downloaded this one onto my KIndle. Have not read it yet. Liked the review.

TO LOVE, HONOUR AND BETRAYby KATHY LETTE

When Lucy finds out her football coach hubby’s beenplaying away from home, she is devastated.

Review: Witty … her jokes are inspired! AUTHORWENDY HOLDEN

I'm currently reading The Confession by John Grisham. I haven't read a Grisham novel in a while and I'm loving it. I'm only about 1/4 or 1/3 of the way into the book but it's definitely engaging and interesting :)

Next up, two juvenile fiction books for book club. We're reading From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (one of my all time favorite books) and The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate :)

I'm loving what I'm reading right now. You caught me at a good time - I'm actually reading two books! Mostly I'm in between books.

I'm reading Barbara Brown Taylor's An Altar In the World. It's really a beautiful book about how just living and doing everyday things can become spiritual practices - by being intentional and paying attention.

I'm also "reading" Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth. I put reading in quotes because I'm listening to the audio version. I like to do that when I do the housework or paint or other mindless work.

I'm reading book 2 of A Game of Thrones. I started watching the HBO series based on the novels, then wanted to know what happens next.

I'm also reading books for work User Stories Applied and studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam so there are a few books I'm referencing. Not as much fun as Thrones, but hopefully more profitable LOL

I'm reading 3:

Ruth Meyers "31 Days of Praise"; Mitch Album's "Have A Little Faith - a true story"; and Cesar Millan's "Be The Pack Leader"

Just finished Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah. Downloaded it from the library to my new Nook. A good story for a light summer read, not too heavy on romance.

I'm nearly finished with The Tower, The Zoo and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart. Another library download. What a pleasant surprise. A captivating story, very original.

Like Michelle, also doing a bit of study for work - SCRUM and PMP.

I just finished "The Emperor's Tomb" by Steve Berry, and really enjoyed it. If you like Steve Berry you should really like this one. I just started reading "The Hunt" by Jan Neuharth, a Free Friday book for the nook. It's a mystery, and I think it's going to be pretty good.

I have read the whole series of the Janet Evanovich 'Number' series. Sometimes when I read at night in bed, I wake Henry up the way I laugh. I just love the characters. I also love the 'In Death' series of J D Robb. (Nora Roberts)

I only read light books. Hate heavy stuff. Life is hard enough without having to read real life stories about other peoples troubles. I suffer from 'Ostrich Syndrome' I don't wanna know. I switch off the TV whenever anything too horrible comes on. Sorry I'm rambling. Love light reading.

I LOVE J.D. Robb's In Death series! I have read so many of them (out of order.) I'm reading Big Jack right now.

Also Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. With JD Robb you can't go wrong and I've read one or two other Hiaasen books and they are fun & quirky. I've read a lot of Free Friday nook books too, not Throwaway though. Was it good?

I just read "Water for Elephants" and loved it. Also just just finished Elizabeth Street about an Italian family in Italy and in New York. It is a true story and very good. It was an inexpensive ibook. I'll get the author later. I am currently reading Jodi Picoult "Sing You Home". Love the author. I've read all her books.

Karen

I just finished reading "Maisie Dobbs" by Jacqueline Winspear and loved it! It's a mystery and I'm not usually into those, but I liked this one!

Just finished Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah. Downloaded it from the library to my new Nook. A good story for a light summer read, not too heavy on romance.

I'm nearly finished with The Tower, The Zoo and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart. Another library download. What a pleasant surprise. A captivating story, very original.

I'm a Certified Scrum Master working on my PMP (long overdue). We should chat!

I'm a Certified Scrum Master working on my PMP (long overdue). We should chat!

The Tower, The Zoo and The Tortoise sounds like an interesting read!

I"m reading "Half Broke Horses", a /true Life novel about a young girl in the early century and her trials and tribulations and thoughts along the way. It's pretty interesting. I'm only about a quarter of the way through right now. I am enjoying it.

I love reading autobiography/biographies. I just read Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. I will never again consider myself less fortunate when it comes to money. When I read what poverty can really look like, I now consider myself extremely wealthy!

I just finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book is set in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960's. It's about a group of black maids and the one white person in town who helped them tell their stories about what it's really like to work in the white homes of the South. I couldn't put this book down.

I just finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book is set in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960's. It's about a group of black maids and the one white person in town who helped them tell their stories about what it's really like to work in the white homes of the South. I couldn't put this book down.

I have read that one. I agree! Very good. I think they are making a movie now too...

I spent an hour last night browsing the Kindle store on Amazon for something new to read. I should have just come here. :hit-head-with-hammer:

I just finished reading "Crossing Oceans" by Gina Holmes this weekend. Very good book that I devoured in just a couple of hours.

I loved "The Hunger Games" books, too. Anyone with a Kindle who hasn't read them yet? Send me a PM and I'll be glad to loan them to you. :)

I think I'll read "The Help" next... I almost bought that for my Kindle last night actually. "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson was one I was considering, too. Has anyone read that?

I'm reading book 2 of A Game of Thrones. I started watching the HBO series based on the novels, then wanted to know what happens next.

LOVE George R.R. Martin, I tell everyone who will listen about the Song of Ice and Fire series. I am so glad they made the tv series so more people can enjoy. WARNING to those not familiar - the books and show contain some at leastR rated scenes. But - the story is amazingly complex and well written.

I am reading Seabiscuit and absolutely enjoying it. I loved the movie, such a great story of relationship on so many levels, the book is even better. I laughed, i cried. It truly is a page turner.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived