What Are You Reading Right Now?

Lisanne

Just started Michael Crichton's Micro (finished by another writer whos name escapes me because I don't have the book in front of me)

Like all of Michael Crichtons books, to me it has a slow start, but it is slowly picking up the pace! I love his work and it is sad that he is no longer with us....I just finished "Pirates Lattitudes" which I am wishing they would make into a movie,,,,fantastic book!

I haven't read that one, Jess. I'll have to look for it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I am ready two books right now, one is in the series that I mentioned previously - Agatha Raisin amateur detective series by M.C. Beaton and I am really enjoy a non-fiction book called The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing City by David Lebovitz. It's funny and educational at the same time plus it has delicious sounding recipes in it as well :)

I'm currently re-reading Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie. I don't really know why, but I love her books, and re-read the ones I have regularly.

Right now I'm reading another of Ann Rule's books "Don't Look Behind You" - the book is made up of three investigations that she has, as always, written so well about - very interesting book if you like investigations into old unsolved murders.

I am ready two books right now, one is in the series that I mentioned previously - Agatha Raisin amateur detective series by M.C. Beaton and I am really enjoy a non-fiction book called The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing City by David Lebovitz. It's funny and educational at the same time plus it has delicious sounding recipes in it as well :)

That Agatha Raisin series sounds fun. Reminds me of the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton that I was reading a few years ago - really enjoyed the. I;ve seen the Sweet Life in Paris and that looks good too.

I'm reading too many books right now: Practice Resurrection by Eugene Peterson, Addicted to Approval by Joyce Meyers, Yellow Duster Sisters by Susan . . . ? I forget her last name but a good memoir, and a few more. Since getting a Kindle, I am reading more than ever, nevertheless now there is just a new place to pile up the books (albeit the digital ones don't take up any space!)

The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing City by David Lebovitz. It's funny and educational at the same time plus it has delicious sounding recipes in it as well :)

Sounds like one I need to read :)

P.S.... I almost typed "eat" instead of "read"

The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing City by David Lebovitz. It's funny and educational at the same time plus it has delicious sounding recipes in it as well :)

Sounds like one I need to read :)

P.S.... I almost typed "eat" instead of "read"

A Freudian slip for sure;) teehee

One of my recent reads was "The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry" by Kathleen Flynn, a real-life story of her leaving corporate life to cashing in her life savings so she could study at the Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, and all about the little experiences and struggles and lessons along the way. It was an easy read.

Currently I'm in the middle of Catching Fire, the 2nd book of the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. It's very interesting.

Tiza, The Hunger Games Movie was filmed right here in WNC - I can't wait for the movie to come out.

Right now I'm reading another of Ann Rule's books "Don't Look Behind You" - the book is made up of three investigations that she has, as always, written so well about - very interesting book if you like investigations into old unsolved murders.

When you're done with that one by Ann Rule, go for her "Heart Full of Lies"...it all happened right here in little ol' Central Oregon....I can send you photos of the critical points. It's a great book.

When you're done with that one by Ann Rule, go for her "Heart Full of Lies"...it all happened right here in little ol' Central Oregon....I can send you photos of the critical points. It's a great book.

I will do just that, Ann! I love reading her books! Thanks for the suggestion.

That Agatha Raisin series sounds fun. Reminds me of the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton that I was reading a few years ago - really enjoyed the. I;ve seen the Sweet Life in Paris and that looks good too.

There are a couple of recent Aunt Dimity books out, and a new one due out in April.

Someone just gave me the new Nicholas Sparks book, "Safe Haven" and I'm excited to have it so guess I'll get it read this weekend! Then, back to Ann Rule!

Someone just gave me the new Nicholas Sparks book, "Safe Haven" and I'm excited to have it so guess I'll get it read this weekend! Then, back to Ann Rule!

I finished reading "Safe Haven" last night and it is such a good book. I love to read Nicholas Sparks stories and this one did not disappoint in any way. It's a beautiful love story set in North Carolina and written so very well. I think there are only two of Sparks books that I have not read!

I had to take a break from Ann Rule and just finished reading Nicholas Sparks "Safe Haven" Ann so I'm going to get "Heart Full of Lies" today and start on that! I love reading about her investigations!

My library has an annual "community read". They select a title and everyone is supposed to join in and read the book and participate in various events. This year's title is RULES OF CIVILITY, by Amor Towles. This is a first novel. I just finished it and found it absolutely entrancing. The prose is magical. I found myself going back to re-read passages just to enjoy the composition. It's a great story, very sophisticated, F. Scott Fitzgerald would be jealous.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished "A Woman's Place" by Lynn Austin.....I LOVED it!!!!!! It is about 4 totally different woman who went to work in a factory building ships during WWII....They are each so unique. What an enjoyable read!! Several surprises along the way and it was one of those books I was so sorry to see it end.

They were such unlikely trail blazzers and was interesting to think of what the woman went through at that time in history.

I've read several of hers - just in the past year I finally read "Stranger Beside Me" about her friendship with Ted Bundy - chilling.

Here's what I've read lately:

The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards (for my local book club) - it was a good story, and I'm glad I read it. But nothing earth shattering...

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet - this one I really liked

Still Alice (local book club) by Lisa Genova This is an amazing novel written from the perspective of a Harvard professor who is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's at the age of 50. Heartbreaking, but a wonderful, wonderful book

Timecachers by Glenn Petrucci - if I remember correctly Elisha Barnett knows him. I'm about 30% of the way through it on my Kindle and really like the story thus far!

I've read several of hers - just in the past year I finally read "Stranger Beside Me" about her friendship with Ted Bundy - chilling.

Oh, yes, that WAS a very chilling book - I think I had to put it down a few times to finish it - but it was interesting. She's an excellent writer.

The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards (for my local book club) - it was a good story, and I'm glad I read it. But nothing earth shattering...

Still Alice (local book club) by Lisa Genova This is an amazing novel written from the perspective of a Harvard professor who is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's at the age of 50. Heartbreaking, but a wonderful, wonderful book

Timecachers by Glenn Petrucci - if I remember correctly Elisha Barnett knows him. I'm about 30% of the way through it on my Kindle and really like the story thus far!

Pillars was a great movie as well. It was on TV last year or the year before.

Karen

Pillars was a great movie as well. It was on TV last year or the year before.

Karen

I never know what's been made into a movie until my friends tell me, lol. I hardly ever make time to watch grown up movies these days. Maybe someday, lol. :)

I'm still devouring anything I can find by Robin Carr, specifically her Virgin River series. I think there are 18 books so far, and I've read maybe 6 of them. And she has two more coming out this spring!

GAW....I'm hooked on these!! I was sick and read 6 in one week....I'm starting the 10th one today!!

I am not reading anything specific at the moment, finishing a few that I began a while back. I was just wondering if anyone would finish reading a book that they were not particularly enjoying?

Sorry Valerie, no crime recommendation from me. I can't even watch crime shows on tv (unless it is Monk) let alone read about them, my imagination gets away from me. Happy browsing.

Archived