Do You Like Pse 9

JenW

I've got the OK from my husband and I am ready to upgrade from my PSE 5. Are you liking 9? Should I wait for 10, I'm sure it will be out in a few more months. Don't think I want to wait while DH is so willing. How is 9? DO you like it?

I love it and I'm learning everyday more and more what you can do with it. It has a great OOB guided tutorial and so much more. I say go for it now, while hubby is willing to spend the money. It's not that expensive and they do have a 30 day free trial. Down load that and play with it and see how you like it. I think that you will.

Hi Jen,

I just commented on your status update and then I went did some looking on the internet. It looks like PSE10 will be out around September or October. That's been Adobe's pattern the last few years. I couldn't find anything specific from Adobe, just speculation, based I think, on what has happened in recent years.

I do like 9 - a lot. I've been upgrading every other version but if 10 has some cool stuff, I might go for it. We'll see.

I really like PSE9 too!! Also in the past if you bought PSE and they brought out the new one within the same month you could get the next version free. Call Adobe and ask if they still do that and if so you could try to hold off until mid Sept maybe. I did that one year and gave someone else my earlier version and we just had to sign a paper so they could get it registered under there name to be able to get any updates needed...

I upgraded from 5 to 9 and still haven't gotten the hang of loading styles. I keep PSE5 on my computer to use for styles and resizing pixels - one of these days I will either buy add-o-matic or figure it out.

It is pretty cool. I'm not sorry I spent the money.

It is rather tricky and labor intensive to add styles to PSE9, but besides that, you probably won't regret the upgrade. It's got some cool tools. I got 9 on sale and with a rebate, so I think I only paid $40 in the end. You might look for something like that and then use your savings to get Addomatic. :) Layer masks and smart tools are WELL worth the upgrade.

I also upgraded from 5 to 9 last November. I made the transition easily and have enjoyed it. I would want to know more about 10 before getting it. Some versions, I've read, have annoying issues. Good luck!

I've had 9 on both my computers since last September but have been avoiding loading styles because so many seemed to have so much trouble with it. I still have 7 on both and sometimes go to it for some of the styles and actions I've added. I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and I didn't have any trouble at all. Other than the time it took for PSE to rebuild the database when I opened it the first time, everything went very quickly. Now to tackle actions! :)

I purchased PSE9 last year and I'm still finding all of the goodies that it has, like the OOB Tut. So, PSE10 would have to have a lot of new things to make me buy it. If nothing that great is in it, I'll wait for PSE11 or 12 to come out.

PSE5 was the best followed by PSE7. Numbers 6 and 8 were horrible.

I love PSE 9. I jumped into it from Paint Shop Pro 7 and have hardly looked back at all! I still re-size some things in PSP7 when I need to do it quickly. I find that lately my PSE9 takes a while to load. Other than that, I love it.

I LOVE my PSE 9....jumped all the way from 4, so it was a pretty radical change. I actually have it on both my Mac and PC laptop and recommend (URGE!!) you to get add-o-matic if you are using a PC....it installes the styles/actions for you, just like magic. I'm pretty sure you can get a steal of a price on 9 now, I got mine for under $50 last Christmas, and I got the discs for both Mac and PC. Someday I hope to have time to sit down and figure all the new goodies out!

I love PSE9. I upgraded from PSE5 and have been happy. Like everyone else said - styles and actions are kind of a pain to install, so Add-O-Matic is worth the cost as well, but that's my only complaint about PSE9. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add-O-Matic is a plug in that installs and does all the work behind the scenes on styles, actions, custom shapes - all the neat goodies sold at Scrap Girls you want to use but don't want to pull your hair out installing. It's about $20, and well worth it.

Archived