Changing Colours

w33blegurl

Hi All

I'm very new to digi scrapping and have a very basic question. Have purchased a couple of elements today and they are all in black, my questions in how do I change the colour??? I can use the flood fill to get some of it but there are lots of splatters and bits that only colour if I fill them individually which would take forever. I've also tried the colour changer tool but cannot get it to work at all. It is all one solid colour in this one - although there is a shaded version as well.

Thanks, this is such a learning curve for me, am feeling like a bit of a dunce at the moment!

Hi! Welcome to Scrap Girls! I really don't know much about Paint Shop but I am sure someone who does will come along very soon to answer your question! We are so happy to have you here with us!

Hi! Welcome to Scrap Girls! We are so glad to have you here!

Don't feel bad, we've all been in your shoes, so we understand and will be here to help you any way we can.

I don't know much about PSP, but try this:

open up the template and do a ctrl-D to copy the template, close the original and then go to Adjust, Hue/saturization and Colorize and then choose the color you want. I close the original so that I don't accidentally make an un-fixable change to it and.

Here's a tutorial that explains it in some detail for you:

Recolor in PSP

If you haven't already been there, the Scrap Girls University has a great deal of information about how to use PSP that might help you out. Here's a link:

SGU PSP tutorials

And Ro's video's are superb! You might want to take a look at these:

Scrapbook Secrets Revealed PSP

I hope that helps.

Post again if you have more questions.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us!

Ro's Secrets videos are truly sanity savers. You want to get to the point where you're having fun with this as quickly as possible.

and don't hesitate to ask questions. There are others out there wondering the same thing, and they'll all be glad you asked. (often, they are long time members, too)

:)

Thanks for the help and welcomes everyone. Thanks especially for the signpost to the tutorials! its been really hard to find info on PSP on the web so have been struggling a bit. in the end I managed to change colour using the selection tool and paint brush - I could not get anything else to work really so I must be missing somerthing basic or not have one of my settings right. think I need a couple of hours to play around with it and experiment a bit more!

Anyway, thanks again and no doubt I'll be back with more Qs!

Archived