Picasa Tagging Faces

sanot

I recently converted to Picasa from Photoshop Elements 7.0 for my photo organization. I allowed it to scan my photos, wanting to use the face recognition. It's doing a pretty good job, but the program runs very slowly at times, and goes into a "non responding" mode often. I've mostly noticed it when I'm in the unnamed people album, especially when I'm selecting a person that has already been named, and just adding that picture to their "file."

i have 19,000 unnamed faces left to identify...help! It HAS to work faster that this...it will lock up for 20-30 sec at a time, then revert back to functional.

some of these photos have 8-9 copies of the SAME photo! how do I eliminate the duplicates?

if I select "expand faces", it will group by alike faces, which is helpful. I find it goes into "unresponsive mode" less often when I'm in this.

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks, Amy

I remember it took a long, long time when I started, but it has been worth it. I worked on it a little bit every day. Picassa has found all the copies of a photo I have - so it will find it in the photo files, in a layout, and the backup EHDs. Is yours finding more copies than are in your files?

Amy, I had to do it like Gayle said, a little bit at a time - mine never became unreponsive but it did seem to take a long time while it was identifying everyone. It took alot of patience on my part but once I realized how long it was going to take I knew I couldn't sit and do it all at once. I wish I had some more help for you!

Archived