Set The Ball And Bat On Fire!

Tammy58

I do all the pictures for my grand daughters soccer, basketball and baseball. We have seen pictures where they make the ball and or bat look like they are on fire. I asked the woman what program she used to do it and she said elements. I have CS5 on one computer and Elements 9 on the other. I neglected to ask her how she did it. (dahhh) Does anyone out there know how? Is there and action or something? Thank you in advance. Tammy

P.S. All of you wonderful scrapbookers out there, have a wonderful day and God Bless!!!

There's always more than one way to do something. CS5 will probably be easier for you to manipulate the flames since it has the warp tools and style tools.

I'd probably find a picture of flames that I liked and then resize it to make it proportional to the bat or ball. Then I'd use the warp tool to bend it the way I wanted and a layer mask to hide the unwanted parts. I might also play with layer styles to make it seem hotter and more glowing.

Hope that helps. It's a start for you anyway....post again if you have more questions.

Dimmy (DMI) has some flame photo paper that I used in a very therapeutic (if not very nice) layout depicting a former boss getting her just desserts (simmering in a warm and reportedly everlasting climate).

LOL Thank you so very much!!!

There's always more than one way to do something. CS5 will probably be easier for you to manipulate the flames since it has the warp tools and style tools.

I'd probably find a picture of flames that I liked and then resize it to make it proportional to the bat or ball. Then I'd use the warp tool to bend it the way I wanted and a layer mask to hide the unwanted parts. I might also play with layer styles to make it seem hotter and more glowing.

Hope that helps. It's a start for you anyway....post again if you have more questions.

Thank you, I am going to give it a shot. Don't know until I try.

My niece had her volleyball on fire in one of her senior photo poses. I figured it was photoshopped, but NO. She showed me the ball. The photographer put a little special glue on it and lit it! Cool photo. For my DS we want to do smoking running shoes since he runs cross-country. I'll be experimenting.

Archived