6 replies to this topic

#1 SeasonablyCute

SeasonablyCute

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

Hi everyone! Firstly I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have been so welcoming and helpful, I really enjoy feeling there is a community where I can ask questions and talk to others who are interested in the same crafts as I am. :)

Anyway, my question is, what type of adhesives do you use for your cards? When I started I was using a basic craft stick - but it seemed to leave discoloration and marks that didn't look very nice. After that ran out I purchased a double sided tape "auto mount" adhesive, but it is odd to me in the sense that when you use it, it doesn't make a consecutive strip of tape, just rectangles, and when applying small embellishments I wind up having to fold the tape or re-adhere it. Sometimes ruining the embellishment in the process.

What products do you use/recommend? Do I just need to get used to what I have? I don't really know much about what items are out there for a double sided adhesive or if thre is a different produce I should be looking for. Thank you for anyone who can help!

#2 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,870 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

Its funny - someone just asked me the same question in a pm regarding hybrid projects - here is the answer I gave her based on my personal experience. I have 2 kind that I really like and that stick well. The one is called Ad-Tech it is permenant. Here is a link to what it looks like:
http://www.adhesivet...7&CID=65&TID=52 I am very pleased with it. The only thing I don't like about it is that when I make cards I tend to do an assembly line and you can run of the glue runner in the midst of big projects. It is not a problem if you keep the refills on hand. As I said - it is an excellent product. The other one I use, I just bought about a month ago and I like it also - it happens to have a lot more glue runner on the roll so you don't have to stop and refill as often. It is called Glue Glider-Pro and the product looks like this: http://www.gluearts....glider-pro.html It runs around $15 but keep in mind you get a LOT more glue tape and the gun is refillable. So either product "stick-wise" is good. Another very good product is Tombow Mono Adhesive - another permanent glue that looks like this: http://www.discounto...ser/p13930.htmlAll of these products I have gotten at both JoAnn's and Michaels with the exception of the Glue Glider Pro - that I ordered through Oriental Trading but I think friend said she got her's at Michaels.

Hope this info is helpful.

#3 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,257 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

'Morning, Lei and thanks -- I found it helpful! Shannon was talking about the glue glider at the hybrid craft chat and I have trouble with links so I was glad to read more about these.

gallery_19549_358_19841.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gif

#4 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,757 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Thank you for posting this here, Lei.

I was that friend that Lei answered in a pm about adhesives. I spent the last ATC crop with sticky, gluey fingers :) and Lei told me about the things she uses for adhesives.

Sharing helpful information and encouraging members to do projects is something that Lei does so graciously and with kindness. She is always ready to lend a helping hand even though she is usually busy with her own craft of the moment. If not giving "how-to" tips, Lei can be found just offering a word or two of encouragement to members while still taking care of Scrap Girl Business on the mb.

She is a ray of sunshine around here and I know that I'm not the only one who appreciates her generosity.

Thanks, Lei, for sharing with us, a wealth of information! You're pretty awesome at everything you do!
:2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,724 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

I agree with Lei, but I wanted to chime in about Glue Dots! I love those little things!

#6 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 12,669 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the info - I actually bought something like this long ago but couldn't figure out how to use it. Is there something you need to do to set it up?

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#7 SeasonablyCute

SeasonablyCute

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I have one of those 40% off coupons for Hobby Lobby so i'll have to check to see if they have any there! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users