Organizing Goof-Up

jenrou

I can't believe I did this!! GRRRR. All of several years of bought supplies gone. Luckily I do have most if not all on cds/dvds, and did a backup not long ago. It will still be a mess.

Sorry I just had to vent to those of you who would understand. (grin) I was trying to get the supplies in order of designer, on my EHD, and goofed up. When you delete from an EHD, there's no recycle plan!

Feel sorry for me a little today, won't you? Please? (grin)

Jean

I did that not so long ago with my photos. Tried to sort them and deleted by mistake. Because the file was to big for the Recycle Bin, it just deleted. DH had most of the photos on his PC as well, but I did lose quite a lot. Now I do 2 lots of backups at least once a month. Hope you find most of your stash.

Belle mentioned the Recycle Bin. Be sure you check to see if your things are there. Failing that, you can do as April suggested and email Angie. I can imagine the heart-sinking feeling you must have had. Good luck.

Oh man that's a horrible feeling I know!! I do three sets of backups I am so anal!! I pay $5 a month for Backblaze to back up my whole hard drive. Then I back up myself to a EHD (plus Backblaze backs up all my EHD's) and I also put all the pics on my laptop. But once I get them on a cd then I take them off the laptop...

Thanks everyone! I did manage to get most of them off of my backup drive. I won't know until I go over my purchased SG lists. Angie is a doll. I'm glad I was only working on purchased SG files. I'm more careful about making backup copies of the zip files for them. This last month has been vacation time, so I may have skipped backing up an order or two. I feel better getting them back together! Are we addicted, or not?

I don't think I will work with files directly from the EHD again. When they are gone--they are gone!

Jean

Oh, Jean, I'm so sorry - but as April said, you know you can always email Angie and see if she can help getting back anything you have lost. Angie is a miracle worker and an angel!

I hope you didn't lose too much.

We can feel sorry for each other. I lost all my PNGs because I thought I'd try someone's suggestion to use Lightroom to organize my scrap stash and then changed my mind in the middle of the process when I read that I'd have to convert all my PNGs to TIFFs to make it work. In the process of reuniting my separated JPEGs and PNGs, the computer misunderstood what I wanted and threw out the PNGs completely.

I have been baffled by their disappearance, so I'm glad to read Belle's post. I did check the trash and they weren't there. I guess there were too many and my Mac just deleted them entirely. I still don't understand though, why I could not MERGE the folders. I know I used to do that on my PC computers.

Yay for Backblaze! 16.1 GB restored of 78.77 so far! :D Oh, I also have all of my files up until May backed up on my EHD. However, they are not organized like I just spent May and June organizing them on my Mac, and I have actually acquired a lot of new files this summer. That's why I'm doing the less complicated albeit loooonnng Backblaze backup. It's currently giving me a transfer estimate of days, but sometimes estimates as little as 12 hours.

Crossing fingers for both of us Jean!

(The whole long story is posted on my blog.)

Archived