How To Use A Photo As A Desktop Picture

(lynn)

Hello to everyone. I haven't been around for a while. Went to UT, ended up in hospital, came home, ended up in hospital. I'm fine now. Now my Mac question.

I have a photo I want to use as a desktop picture full screen. I tried using the iMac directions but can't get it full screen. The picture is in iPhoto and also as an icon on desktop.

Any ideas that I might try?

Thanks for any help.

Lynn (mrh)

Hi-to use a photo for the desktop, go to System Preferences (the gear like icon)--->click on Desktop and Screensaver--->it should load your iPhoto and then just go down the list till you find the photo. Now I do know that depending on the size of the photo and the orientation, it may or may not look good on the desktop. I use a MacBook Pro and I have to choose horizontal photos to fill the screen. If I choose vertical ones, it works ok but the sides are blank, they are just the background color. Let me if this works for you or if you have any questions. Judy

Thank you soooo much Judy. You solved my problem. I was trying to use a vertical photo so it didn't fill screen. As soon as I chose a horizontal picture, I got my desktop picture. Thanks to all who answered. Wish you could see the picture. It shows the golfcourse covered in snow, the mountains behind, and the most beautiful sunrise--taken in Park City, UT. I'm in FL and love looking at the snow and mountains every time I turn on computer..

Hope you all are enjoying a "cool" summer.

Lynn (mrh)

Archived