Scared!

HollyJill

Hi! I am new to the boards, as of 10 min. ago! I have been scrapping and quilting for many years, and have just added photography as a much loved hobby. However, I have just dabbled in digital scrapbooking, and just get frustrated! My Bday is coming up, and am thinking about asking for PSE9, and I am not sure! Basically, I am scared.......! I want to do this, but, I am scared......! So maybe my user name should be Fraidycat!!:)

PSE9 is fantastic. Learning it will be one step at a time. Ro's Secrets videos are a must. Once you have worked through those, you can scrap anything. Watch all the tutorials in the newsletter as well. Good luck.

Hi HollyJill, :welcome2: to Scrap Girls! We're glad you've joined us. PSE 9 is a wonderful program, (several members here use it) and there is no reason to be scared. The best way I know to learn is from Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version. There is also a lot of great information available here: 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook) and here: Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook (Free ScrapSimple basics eBook).

You will also want to sign up for the free newsletter. It is filled with great inspiration, informative articles and daily freebies. There is also a lot of helpful information in the SG Univeristy Also, Don't hesitate to post questions here in the forums. I'm sure you'll find we are a very friendly and helpful bunch. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around. :)

I agree on investing in Ro's videos. They will save you lots of frustration and the newsletter is great. I'm still very much learning and there are times when the PSE just won't act the way I think it should, but I'm inspired by the people who create wonderful outcomes. Go for it!

Victoria

Don't be afraid. You have definitely come to the right place to learn. PSE is a perfect place to start. There is a bit of a learning curve, but you can do it. And there are so many here who use it and will be happy to offer answers to your questions. Getting Ro's Secrets is a wonderful idea.

Welcome, Holly! It can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, but please don't be afraid to give it a try. PSE 9 is a wonderful program and not that difficult to learn. I too recommend Ro's Secrets videos. They break the learning down into bite size pieces and the beauty of the videos is you can go at your speed and go back over things as often as you need.

You'll also find lots of helpful people here. Don't hesitate to ask questions. :)

Hi Holly! We were all beginners once and scared...that's why we help each other out on these forums. There is a wealth of free tutorials and materials here at ScrapGirls to help get you started, so come and have fun with us!

Hi Holly, welcome to Scrap Girls. We truly are a very friendly group. All the people are so helpful. Just take your time and join in when you feel comfortable. I lurked in the back ground for some time before I jumped in. Now I love it. Kay

Welcome Holly! I have PSE8 and I know what you mean about being afraid. I can tell you from experience, just keep working with it and step by step you will get there. Faster than you think too. Ro's videos are worth every penny and will zoom you through the learning curve. I can't wait to see your work in the gallery!

Hi Holly! Welcome to Scrapgirls. This is a great little community of learning and creating. Carla suggested Ro's ScrapSecrets--I highly agree. Don't be afraid--just free yourself to play and learn and create to your heart's content. There are a lot of really great people who are happy to help.

Happy Scrappin'

PSE9 is a great value for the money - many, many powerful capabilities. I wouldn't even try to learn it on your own, though. Save yourself lots of frustration and buy Ro's Secrets. And don't hesitate to ask questions!

:)

Don't be scared! Digital Scrapbooking is fun, Fun FUN and you can do it!!

Scrap Girls are here to help, also. We are a friendly bunch and everyone is so happy to help and answer any questions you come up with along the way!

Jump in! The water's nice!!

Everyone here was a beginner to start! I began with PSE 4 and watched the videos in Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements - Downloadable version to get started. I've never looked back! I've gotten plenty of help by searching the message board and the tutorials at SG University, then asking questions if I couldn't find the answers.

A big hearty welcome to you!

PSE9 is a fantastic programme, Holly. Once you get to grips with it you'll love it! Ro's secrets are great to learn with, and you'll find plenty of help and advice here - just ask :D :D

Happy scrapping!

Thanks for all the advice girls!!! And guess what.....I Bought It!!!!!! Yay for me!!! I haven't touched it yet, cuz I have some other stuff to do first,(such as bulldozing the 15 yr.old DS's bedroom!!). Plus, I'm thinking it might be an early bday present to myself! I did, however, just buy Ro's DVD for PSE!! I am so excited!!! I just have to remember, as one of you said, "one step at a time." The perfectionist that dwells inside of me, needs to disappear for this fun event!!!!

Archived